Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2024 shed season

Wiley E Coyote

One missed last year. This is on one of my favorite shed farms. I only walked it once last year because shortly into my hunt I found four dead deer all with the heads missing and very little deer sign to be found so I didn't spend my normal amount of time hiking it. I didn't see very much sign on it this year either but at least I recovered this one. In decent shape for laying in the brush all year.
1000001085.jpg

Big Weff

Athens
Went out with my boys and dad today, first walk of the year. We found 3 total, 2 in winter wheat and 1 in the woods between fields. We only had 2 hours to look today but we will be back to try and match them up some time. Puts me up to 2 for the year. Probably start putting some miles on next weekend. Great day with family and conditions were about perfect for spotting sheds!
IMG_0016.png

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck Wiley.

I walked another 13K today on public. Deer density in that area must suck cuz in the 28K total steps I walked on that huge tract I didn’t even find any bones or skulls, I mean nothing! I only jumped two deer in both days combined. You’d think I’d at least find bones from years past but it was crazy to not find anything. Oh well, got some exercise.