Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2024 shed season

I found one while turkey hunting puts me at 14
I am pretty sure I am done now
But you never know

Attachments

• IMG_1513.jpeg
    IMG_1513.jpeg
    330.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1523.jpeg
    IMG_1523.jpeg
    373.3 KB · Views: 52

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good eyes! Ric wouldn’t have seen that one.😂
Shoot. You underestimate the master. If you haven't met him in person, you have no idea. Honestly one of the most intense whitetail fanatics you'll ever meet. Remembers vivid details of hunts from 30 years ago. He will even remember details on deer you killed. Now if his wife tells him something would he remember? I don't know. But if she said there is a shed 200 yds out the front window, he would have it picked out before he got to 198yds out. 🤣

There are a handful in this page with his intensity. Not many though. Dude is on another level.

Reactions: Gern186

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Shoot. You underestimate the master. If you haven't met him in person, you have no idea. Honestly one of the most intense whitetail fanatics you'll ever meet. Remembers vivid details of hunts from 30 years ago. He will even remember details on deer you killed. Now if his wife tells him something would he remember? I don't know. But if she said there is a shed 200 yds out the front window, he would have it picked out before he got to 198yds out. 🤣

There are a handful in this page with his intensity. Not many though. Dude is on another level.
Yup, just breaking his balls. His name @finelyshedded says it all. I’ve only met Dave and Jesse in person….and one person from the other site that can not be mentioned on here.😂 Come to think of it, I haven’t logged onto that other site in a long, long time. There’s a few good people on there but way too many egos.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yup, just breaking his balls. His name @finelyshedded says it all. I’ve only met Dave and Jesse in person….and one person from the other site that can not be mentioned on here.😂 Come to think of it, I haven’t logged onto that other site in a long, long time. There’s a few good people on there but way too many egos.
Oh I get it. I've seen your work. 🤣

Seriously though, Ric is like the "Rain Man" of antlers. That is saying a TON given the company here. We have so many who are ate up with it. Tons of knowledge here. Just saying his whitetail enthusiasm is crazy impressive. He wouldn't have missed that shed. Lol

Reactions: Sgt Fury

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for the high acclaim Phil but I’m sure there are several others here just as ate up with sheds as I am. My wife calls my shed enthusiasm and addiction but realizes I could be doing a lot worse things. 😆
It does get me outside and plenty of exercise.
I do hate to admit it though but we’ve ALL missed a shed or two from time to time for various reasons. The sun and greenup are the two most notorious in my experience but one that gets overlooked is “Focus”. If I’m focused on something or a certain spot while walking a shed could be laying within feet of my path and I won’t see it unless I break away from what my attention is on. Thats why it’s important to “slow down and occasionally look back” in certain areas like thickets/bedding or rougher terrain or hillsides.
I bet most sheds that are found while turkey hunting are found by accident while a hunter is just trying to find a spot to setup or after they set up and have sat there awhile looking around studying the surroundings. That was some great eyes to spot that shed like Switchhitter did and finding 14 sheds this year in Ohio I’d say he’s in that group of shed addicts just like me. lol

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Thanks for the high acclaim Phil but I’m sure there are several others here just as ate up with sheds as I am. My wife calls my shed enthusiasm and addiction but realizes I could be doing a lot worse things. 😆
It does get me outside and plenty of exercise.
I do hate to admit it though but we’ve ALL missed a shed or two from time to time for various reasons. The sun and greenup are the two most notorious in my experience but one that gets overlooked is “Focus”. If I’m focused on something or a certain spot while walking a shed could be laying within feet of my path and I won’t see it unless I break away from what my attention is on. Thats why it’s important to “slow down and occasionally look back” in certain areas like thickets/bedding or rougher terrain or hillsides.
I bet most sheds that are found while turkey hunting are found by accident while a hunter is just trying to find a spot to setup or after they set up and have sat there awhile looking around studying the surroundings. That was some great eyes to spot that shed like Switchhitter did and finding 14 sheds this year in Ohio I’d say he’s in that group of shed addicts just like me. lol
I don’t even want to know how many sheds I’ve walked past.