Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2024 shed season

Bighoun52

In the woods
IMG_9200.jpeg

I know not a ton have dropped yet but figured I could get it started with some fresh pa bone

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
That's a vague question in my opinion and you could get 20 different answers. My guess would be around 25 percent. Im seeing alot of deer with half racks right now in the northern part of the state. If you are asking for shed hunting purposes personally I wait until the beginning of March then go. Bucks are still holding on in early March many times.

That's a vague question in my opinion and you could get 20 different answers. My guess would be around 25 percent. Im seeing alot of deer with half racks right now in the northern part of the state. If you are asking for shed hunting purposes personally I wait until the beginning of March then go. Bucks are still holding on in early March many times.
That’s what I was seeing just making sure thanks for the reply

Reactions: Gern186

Bighoun52

In the woods
Yeah my place in southern Ohio, not many have dropped at all. Heading out this morning to do some work. Was hoping to walk for some sheds but not worth it yet

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My drone flights in Central Ohio last week yielded around 75% of bucks with both antlers. Today in southern Ohio that number was over 90%. It's very situational from region to region. One thing you can put money on is that southwest Ohio seems to consistently be the latest dropping bucks in the state.
Totally agree Seth! I’ll even say as much as 10-20% are still carrying into April or after many of us have stopped walking due to greenup surge and other obligations demanding our attention. 😂

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Totally agree Seth! I’ll even say as much as 10-20% are still carrying into April or after many of us have stopped walking due to greenup surge and other obligations demanding our attention. 😂
Absolutely. The Bush Honeysuckle is leaved out typically well before the majority of our bucks drop. My experience has been they really starrt dropping around here the 2nd and 3rd week of March, which is easily a month later then other parts of the state, especially the big wooded areas in Eastern Ohio.