Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2022 Rut Report. What County? Conditions?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
30F27CCF-CBBD-421B-9AEC-24C45B56C800.jpeg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Watched two mature bucks pushing a doe around yesterday evening, and another big mature 8-point with a doe this morning in my headlights. These next two weeks are going to be a good time to shoot a seeking/cruising mature buck deer. A cold front and high pressure this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday... following an all-day rain event tomorrow. If'n you ain't ready yet, you better get to shifting your gears.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Watched two mature bucks pushing a doe around yesterday evening, and another big mature 8-point with a doe this morning in my headlights. These next two weeks are going to be a good time to shoot a seeking/cruising mature buck deer. A cold front and high pressure this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday... following an all-day rain event tomorrow. If'n you ain't ready yet, you better get to shifting your gears.
And here I sit, wife in Ohio, daughter and SIL in the Dominican, me with the dogs until Tuesday….. 😡🙄😂

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Me likey. He's headed towards some good bedding with his tongue out. I'm hunting tonight and this ridge was one option. That scrape hasn't been opened up fully, so I thought with the wet leaves, I could easily sneak up there, hang a new set and cover the scrape after I'd refreshed it. Not sure that's the route I'll go, but this is certainly influencing my decision making!

5788766e-eb64-4e58-8871-908982cebac7.jpg

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Me likey. He's headed towards some good bedding with his tongue out. I'm hunting tonight and this ridge was one option. That scrape hasn't been opened up fully, so I thought with the wet leaves, I could easily sneak up there, hang a new set and cover the scrape after I'd refreshed it. Not sure that's the route I'll go, but this is certainly influencing my decision making!

View attachment 164578
Go get hims.... good luck tonight. I'm waiting for the wind to shift over night.

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Up all day with two antlerless seen so far. Wind out here is doing crazy things and has been all day. Can see three wide open scrapes from this tree I’m in. Hoping for something to kick off here soon. No real rut activity seen today.