Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 Buckeyes Football Thread

Creamer

Athens
None. Clemson isn’t a bad team, but if they had lost one game this season, they would not even have been in the conversation because of their ridiculously pathetic schedule this season. They are in the playoff because they won out. I don’t think they are one of the best four teams.

I like OSU's chances if they play a complete game, but let me just say this: there won't be a more motivated and pissed off team in the playoff than Clemson. If they beat OSU, I think they win the national title.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I don't doubt Clemsons ability to hurt the buckeyes, but there schedule has been pretty gravy. This would be their first REAL match up. Not knowing what they really got is what causes some minor concern. IF OSU comes out and plays all 4 quarters, on both sides of the ball, I have a hard time believing this Clemson team can keep up with them. We will see. I'm more interested in the other game to see how that one plays out.

Creamer

Athens
OSU hasn't faced anyone like Clemson. The Tigers have as good or better talent than they do. They are all big game tested from last year. This year was a test against boredom for them. I think it should be a fantastic game.

I agree with Red 100%. I actually don't think the other game will be that competitive. I don't doubt that Oklahoma might score some points on LSU, but I see little chance of Oklahoma slowing down the LSU offense. Georgia hadn't allowed more than 20 points all year and LSU got them for nearly double that. LSU will get enough stops to make this one one-sided by the 3rd quarter, if not sooner.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I don't doubt Clemsons ability to hurt the buckeyes, but there schedule has been pretty gravy. This would be their first REAL match up. Not knowing what they really got is what causes some minor concern. IF OSU comes out and plays all 4 quarters, on both sides of the ball, I have a hard time believing this Clemson team can keep up with them. We will see. I'm more interested in the other game to see how that one plays out.

Yeah. That's what Alabama thought last year too. The toughest team clemson played in 2018 was #17 Boston College. Didn't stop them from kicking Notre Dames ass 30-3 or Bamas 44-16 in the playoffs though. Take it from a Bama fan whose had this matchup a few times in the past, don't underestimate Clemson, they've never been a cakewalk.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
i would like nothing more than an LSU vs OSU title game... Much like Jesse, Im thinking we will have to play from behind and just hope its not too far behind..... Clemeson is like Joe said, no Cakewalk.. Well coached and always seem to be prepared for this part of the season.. The bucks will need to play their best ball these next two game to come out on top.. I think its possible but not probable they win both if givin the chance...

Go Bucks!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
i would like nothing more than an LSU vs OSU title game... Much like Jesse, Im thinking we will have to play from behind and just hope its not too far behind..... Clemeson is like Joe said, no Cakewalk.. Well coached and always seem to be prepared for this part of the season.. The bucks will need to play their best ball these next two game to come out on top.. I think its possible but not probable they win both if givin the chance...

Go Bucks!!

If they play all 4 quarters they have a great chance against LSU and its anybody's ballgame. If they come out and play a half like they did the first against whisky, it'll be a mountain too steep.

Reactions: Tipmoose

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Respectfully I disagree as much as I wanted it to be a TD. Fields threw it a touch long for Dobbs, imo. Anyone else would have pulled it in easily. We got to EXECUTE in the red zone better!

Reactions: 5Cent

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It was NOT a catch. I do agree though. Cannot leave points on the board but I'll take made field goals over no points. I'm curious to see what adjustments Clemson makes. Down two receivers? Guess we need to tighten the focus on Lawrence and Etienne.

Our defense is playing tough! Told my wife before the game: whichever defense steps up the most tonight will determine the winner.

Reactions: Mike

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Gonna fugg around and let them back in before half and they get the ball to start the second. As my dad would say "we can't stand prosperity".