Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 Buckeyes Football Thread

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Better to lose a hard fought game that could’ve went either way than get embarrassed by LSU playing in the biggest college game of the year.

Yeah no shit. What a complete domination. LSU is first in the nation for total offense, OU was second and clemson third. Yet they made OU look like a high school team. Been saying it all year, LSU is the real deal and they play a FULL 4 quarters.

Reactions: aholdren

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I will say some calls could have been better. I do believe the targeting was staged. He went into the hit (announcer even said so later on) instead of trying to side step or spin out......We lost in my opinion....we did not get beat. Great Game For Real! LSU is gonna Kill Clemson! Puss-boy is gonna have a bad day and his Mommy is gonna be sad from reality.....JMO

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Are you talking about the attempted diving endzone grab by Dobbins? That was not nor ever has been a catch from peewee up to the NFL. That was as textbook targeting as there is. I hate the rule. But it wouldn't have mattered if it was helmet to helmet or not. Even if he hit him square in the chest, as soon as he lowers to use the crown, it's a penalty

Bullshit. He had possession as he crossed the plane of the goal line. That was a TD and you will never convince me otherwise. Period. And targeting should not be discoverable. If they didn't call it on the field, screw em. I hate that rule and every damn time its called, regardless. You go ahead and support the pussification of the sport. I won't.

Reactions: Gern186

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Like it or not the bottom line was its clear as day targeting, on more than one account. Even if he didn't hit him in the head to satisfy the first ine, he clearly lowered his head before the attack and led with the crown as the second ine says.

Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area

Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet

Targeting

Reactions: Dustinb80

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It was targeting per the letter of the law.

That was a fumble.

Don't hit the punter.

Get your routes straight.

We were the better team, but played a sloppier game. Congrats to Clemson. I expected 9-3 with a Ho-Hum Bowl. We got 13-1 and have a bright future under Coach Day. I'm disappointed, but no excuses. Gotta execute to win at that level or you get beat.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
31D2BB94-D820-4FAA-BA69-2F806824F5CD.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well it's because IMO Day made a mistake by not going for two after the previous touchdown and leaving the buckeyes up by only two. He couldn't risk a turnover in downs in Clemson territory because a FG would have won it. His gamble was to pin them back deep, get the stop, and get better field position for a TD or at least a TD. . Unfortunately Clemson was back in FG range in two plays and scored a TD in four plays.

I scratch my head. BUT. . .I'm not the coach. I'm not on the field. I don't work with those players daily. AND. . .I wouldn't have gone for the TD on 4th and 2. He did.

I stand by: one or two plays or calls by the refs don't determine the outcome. Dobbins did NOT catch that ball in the end zone. Scoop and score WAS a TD. Targeting call was legit. If Lawrence didn't drop, Wade still led with his helmet into the chest. Buckeyes played 20min in the first half but didn't out up TDs. They had two good drives in Second half. They beat themselves.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I’m done! Like what happened to the Saints in last years Playoff game against the Rams. Refs bent them over right in front of millions of people costing them the game and yet nothing ever became of it except the Rams getting torched in the Super Bowl. I just think if you’re gonna rely on replay footage to make the right call then USE IT to make the correct call.

LSU playing at home should also help them roll over CLEM. I just hope the game doesn’t come down to crucial calls going more one way.

GO JOE AND COACH O!!!!👍🏻👍🏻

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Agree
I scratch my head. BUT. . .I'm not the coach. I'm not on the field. I don't work with those players daily. AND. . .I wouldn't have gone for the TD on 4th and 2. He did.

I stand by: one or two plays or calls by the refs don't determine the outcome. Dobbins did NOT catch that ball in the end zone. Scoop and score WAS a TD. Targeting call was legit. If Lawrence didn't drop, Wade still led with his helmet into the chest. Buckeyes played 20min in the first half but didn't out up TDs. They had two good drives in Second half. They beat themselves.

Agreed. That first quarter was lights out awesome performance by the Bucks. Tempo, making plays, making stops, etc. One thing I noticed is that the defense played the entire game. Even in the 4th they were still going hard. Hippy boy had no time in the pocket, he was always on the move. Sadly he didn't need much time in the pocket either. That ball was coming out QUICK! besides really tight coverage or knowing the play there isn't much you can do about that on defense though.

And someone call chase young and tell him the treasure troll belly shirt crap has been done before. 😅

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I’m done! Like what happened to the Saints in last years Playoff game against the Rams. Refs bent them over right in front of millions of people costing them the game and yet nothing ever became of it except the Rams getting torched in the Super Bowl. I just think if you’re gonna rely on replay footage to make the right call then USE IT to make the correct call.

LSU playing at home should also help them roll over CLEM. I just hope the game doesn’t come down to crucial calls going more one way.

One good thing did come out of it...they can now challenge non calls on obvious penalties starting this current season...maybe college teams can get this change in the rules also. New Orleans got screwed last year on a non call, and Ohio got screwed on the scoop and score being overturned. It’s still not a fail safe as everyone agrees the scoop and score WAS a TD, but they overturned it, which was not the correct call.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Shit calls or lack of happen.... How about these two blatant goal line pick/rub plays that never drew a flag for offensive pass interferance in 2016 national championship game against Bama. The last one being a blatant cut block rub play which resulted in the game-winning TD.

View attachment 92764View attachment 92765

Reactions: finelyshedded

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yup, the pick pass plays are total BS and those two were so obvious there had to be obvious bias involved for the officials not to call either! The WR not catching the pass in both instances is clearly blocking and picking both DB’s. Cute on how the one play, the receiver throws up his hands like he’s getting the pass thrown to him. This was another prime example of poor officiating.
I remember back when OSU beat UM and everyone made a big deal of the call against UM for pass interference that was controversial. Very little was made of the defensive holding call that a UM DB had against Chris Gamble on a 3rd and long where he almost pulled his jersey off keeping him from catching a Krensel pass at the end of regulation which would have given the Buckeyes the win with a first down and a minute and change. Hell, even Dan Fouts who was pulling for Miami mentioned right during and after the hold it “could have or should have been called” but nothing more but nearly had a cow when UM got called for the infraction during OT which never really should have happened to begin with. LMAO
Oh well, just wish they’d utilize the the replay footage better to right the wrongs no matter what and that includes inadvertent whistles. IMO