Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019’ shed season has started

Fletch

Supporting Member
6452.jpeg

Creamer

Athens
I've tried hoofing some public ground looking for sheds this winter/spring. So far I've covered (according to my phone) about 9 miles across a couple of hikes. I have found 0 sheds. Dead does, galore. Tons of sign. Lots of buck sign. Seeing a lot of deer. No sheds.

Creamer

Athens
Is that last picture showing an arrow sticking outta the carcass?

I think it was just a stick. The interesting part was that it was one of 4 dead does I found on part of some OU Ridges property that doesn't allow hunting. Not far from a road but it's a really low speed road.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Watching local news last night and some human skeletal remains were found in some woods somewhere around Cincy by.....................you guessed it! A man out looking for deer sheds or antlers the reporter said. It’s always been my biggest fear to find something like that😳

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Not uncommon to hear about human remains found by hunters. There’s a case in the news in the Philly area about a 14 year old girl that was raped, murdered and her body stored in cat litter for months by her adoptive mother and her boyfriend. They then cut up the body and dumped it in the woods. Hunters found the remains.

Creamer

Athens
Watching local news last night and some human skeletal remains were found in some woods somewhere around Cincy by.....................you guessed it! A man out looking for deer sheds or antlers the reporter said. It’s always been my biggest fear to find something like that😳

Not gonna lie, when I found an old student ID in the brush, part of me wondered if I was going to find more than I wanted. Through the wonders of Facebook, I confirmed the kid is alive and well.

angelzd28

Went out to Ravenna Arsenal for some hhhmm work.............and lookie what I just so happened to stumble upon. Probably atleast 3 years old but hell of an old buck. The mass he has is pretty cool too.
20190322_122626.jpg20190322_122712.jpg20190322_131922.jpg
Here are the 2 treks I took, with the pin being where I found him. About 3.5 miles total. I followed some Dan Infalt advice about swamps and he was about 25yds from a very thick swamp area to the west.
Screenshot_20190322-111131_onX Hunt.jpgScreenshot_20190322-153310_onX Hunt.jpgScreenshot_20190322-153328_onX Hunt.jpg

Last edited:

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Went out to Ravenna Arsenal for some hhhmm work.............and lookie what I just so happened to stumble upon. Probably atleast 3 years old but hell of an old buck. The mass he has is pretty cool too.
View attachment 75391View attachment 75392View attachment 75393
Here are the 2 treks I took, with the pin being where I found him. About 3.5 miles total. I followed some Dan Infalt advice about swamps and he was about 25yds from a very thick swamp area to the west.
View attachment 75395View attachment 75396View attachment 75397
Very cool find!

Reactions: angelzd28

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
View attachment 75391View attachment 75392View attachment 75393
View attachment 75395View attachment 75396View attachment 75397
FOD walking were ya? 😂

Reactions: giles and angelzd28