Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Buckeye Football Thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yea, that was from former Buckeye Chris Carter. You know, he's a hell of an actor. He actually kept a straight face when he said "I have sources". I wonder who he knows in Harbaugh's inner circle? Fucking tool. It's just a lame attempt to hurt recruiting, thats all.

Well at least if he went too the browns, he’d be used too Pittsburgh beating our ass.... 😂

Reactions: triple_duece

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Alright fellas it almost go time against Washington. What's your thoughts?

I think they're going to be coming for Haskins with a lot of pass rush as OSU has issues with the run. Haskins will need to hit his guys quick on short passes to chew up yardage and keep moving the sticks.

Washington plays a lot of zone defense and likes to keep the play in front of them, unlike Michigan who mostly plays man and you guys ate them up on it. I expect OSU to spread the O and cross them up quite a bit hoping to hit a man on a short crossing route and get the breakaway after the catch.

For Washington they have a good pass offense which is where the Buckeyes weakness lays. I expect them to take some big shots downfield at the edges. I also look for a lot of short crossing routes and slants.

The key to this game will be turnovers IMO, if OSU can pressure Brown he'll make mistakes and throw some picks. But Washington is also good at bringing the pressure and while Haskins has a better head under pressure those Washington Safetys will make him pay if he tries to push it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Crossing routes, pressure. . . .blah blah blah. Throw it out the window. These teams have done their homework. They know what to expect from their opponent today. Today is about the intangibles. I see the Buckeyes playing with an amount of heart today like we haven't seen all season. Urban's "last" game. Maybe Haskin's last game? Buckeyes play with heart today. This can go either way. Buckeyes either blow them out or flop. I don't see a close game.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Phils right, a lot to play for tomorrow! Browning will definitly give our secondary fits I just hope we defend it better than just face guarding their receivers! (Right Ric?)...
Buckeyes continue to score enough to win!! 47-24!!!!

Disclaimer, I suck at predictions and if you dont believe me ask Jesse!!

GO BUCKS!!!

Jamie

Ohio
I suspect we'll see a heavy dose of Dobbins and Weber along with some screens and pooch passes to Paris Campbell and a few more designed QB runs. our O-line should be able to push their D-line around. Washington secondary second to none. NFL prospects everywhere you look back there. gotta make them respect the run or it's gonna be a long day for Duane Haskins.

OSU 38 Wash 21

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I will take Washington, just cause I like to ruffle feathers and get under people’s skin. None of us are playing, sit back and enjoy the game. All the applauding, clapping, screaming or crying ain’t gonna change a thing lol.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
For the record when the saints were in the Super Bowl, and I threw a party I was the only one not pulling for the saints. Fuck being a follower... I’m a rebel lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will take Washington, just cause I like to ruffle feathers and get under people’s skin. None of us are playing, sit back and enjoy the game. All the applauding, clapping, screaming or crying ain’t gonna change a thing lol.

Maybe you and Jackalope should be pen pals or something. He "claims" to not give a shit as well. "Claims" to be having good hearted fun. He'll drive one into the Buckeye fans in a heart beat and call it banter every year. Admittedly, Bama is up there every year making it easy for him. Should be interesting whenever Bama gets sanctions for recruiting or simply has a drop in talent. We will see if he can handle it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Reactions: triple_duece

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Maybe you and Jackalope should be pen pals or something. He "claims" to not give a shit as well. "Claims" to be having good hearted fun. He'll drive one into the Buckeye fans in a heart beat and call it banter every year. Admittedly, Bama is up there every year making it easy for him. Should be interesting whenever Bama gets sanctions for recruiting or simply has a drop in talent. We will see if he can handle it when the shoe is on the other foot.

I do it for enjoyment, I pull for LSU, good or bad. I didn’t go to college but they are my state team. I also know that my team can’t be the best every year and the world ain’t ending if they are not doing good. I’m not a shirttail fan and jump on a team that’s winning. In the big picture as much as I hate to say it but I will pull for bama in the big game... they are SEC. Even tho that hurts recruiting for LSU. I get sec is a tough division to play in and they rank teams too high most of the time, ND being one of them. At the end of the bowl games look at conference records and that will tell you whose conference is better most of the time. Just saying. Is Ohio playing today? Lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I suspect we'll see a heavy dose of Dobbins and Weber along with some screens and pooch passes to Paris Campbell and a few more designed QB runs. our O-line should be able to push their D-line around. Washington secondary second to none. NFL prospects everywhere you look back there. gotta make them respect the run or it's gonna be a long day for Duane Haskins.

OSU 38 Wash 21

Agreed. Washington loves a 2-4-5 defense package with 2 edge pass rushers. This does leave them vulnerable to the run if their middle linebackers don't clog the hole. SO far they have been pretty good at stopping runs though. Like you i think It'll be up to Haskins to use his legs to make them respect the run.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Did you not see where I gave Bama shit over that game? Yes they won but that was was a shit showing? Or do you conveniently skip those posts? How about the ones where I said Georgia was the better team on the field last year and should have won the NC. I'm just as hard on Bama as I am the Buckeyes or any other team. A shit performance is a shit performance and should be called as such. The problem is your hatred for Alabama has blinded you to to the fact that someone can actually call a spade a spade without a personal bias. I love football. I love talking football. Wanna talk smack well buddy i can do that to. But if that's your thing you're on the wrong end of the stats.

Now let's get back to Washington and OSU before Rick throws a flag again for talking Bama in the OSU thread like I'm the one that brought it up.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
At least the Bucks won a playoff unlike the Irish who makes a toilet bowl out of their Playoff appearance's, good thing their not in a conference as bad as they humiliate theirselves!!!! LMAO!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did you not see where I gave Bama shit over that game? Yes they won but that was was a shit showing? Or do you conveniently skip those posts? How about the ones where I said Georgia was the better team on the field last year and should have won the NC. I'm just as hard on Bama as I am the Buckeyes or any other team. A shit performance is a shit performance and should be called as such. The problem is your hatred for Alabama has blinded you to to the fact that someone can actually call a spade a spade without a personal bias. I love football. I love talking football. Wanna talk smack well buddy i can do that to. But if that's your thing you're on the wrong end of the stats.

Now let's get back to Washington and OSU before Rick throws a flag again for talking Bama in the OSU thread like I'm the one that brought it up.

Do you not read? I said it should be Bama/Clemson for 1/2 with a 4 team playoff for 3rd place this year. I give credit where it's due. I admit Bama is up there every year and a solid contender. I've also heard plenty of Buckeye fans calling it like they see it this year. Myself included. The majority of the season OSU was inconsistent. They turned it on as season progressed. Too little too late. Nobody to blame but themselves. I don't think anyone will argue that.

Sometimes good hearted banter turns into twisting that knife. I just don't want to see some fun turn into a shit slinging match. We all leave stinking like shit and pissed off. This is a tiny thread which is part of a much bigger thing. Unfortunately, right now the season is winding down. There isn't much content. This is taking front seat for some of us.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
At least the Bucks won a playoff unlike the Irish who makes a toilet bowl out of their Playoff appearance's, good thing their not in a conference as bad as they humiliate theirselves!!!! LMAO!!!

Initial appearance yes. But come on man, you can't be giving the Irish shit for only scoring 3 in a playoff game against clemson when the Buckeyes scored 0 against them. That's like a fella with no teeth making fun of a fella with three. Lol.

Reactions: aholdren and Jamie

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Do you not read? I said it should be Bama/Clemson for 1/2 with a 4 team playoff for 3rd place this year. I give credit where it's due. I admit Bama is up there every year and a solid contender. I've also heard plenty of Buckeye fans calling it like they see it this year. Myself included. The majority of the season OSU was inconsistent. They turned it on as season progressed. Too little too late. Nobody to blame but themselves. I don't think anyone will argue that.

Sometimes good hearted banter turns into twisting that knife. I just don't want to see some fun turn into a shit slinging match. We all leave stinking like shit and pissed off. This is a tiny thread which is part of a much bigger thing. Unfortunately, right now the season is winding down. There isn't much content. This is taking front seat for some of us.

Football talk should always good hearted banter bud. If someone takes it as twisting the knife then they should probably stay out of the kitchen and quit playing with knives. As I tell people all the time. They don't sign my paycheck or suck my dick so in the end it don't matter. The same can be said for football. Bama loses next week so what, won't impact my life one bit. You guys will bust out the shit slinging shovels within seconds of the loss and I'll be right there to remind you of the other titles. Is what it is and why these sports generate billions per year. If you go back and look I rarely if ever lay on the pro Bama shit talk until someone decides to go there, and you know me, I'll be right there to sling it back.