Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Buckeye Football Thread

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Honestly I think Alabama played like shit but in the end did enough to win, I feel if they played Georgia again the result would be totally different. Oklahoma better get their shit together for their next game if Alabama decides to play like they did against LSU . It will be fun to watch how the bama defense handles the new Heisman Trophy winner.
Until then I cant wait for the bowl games to start and Go Bucks!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Screenshot_20181204-081830.png

Reactions: "J"

Creamer

Athens
Not surprising. Poor health and the chance to go ride off into the sunset after coaching in his first Rose Bowl. Listening to Cris Carter he says there was actually worry something really bad could happen health-wise on the sideline before he could retire. If that concern is legit, man it's time to walk away.

And 7-0 against that team up north...

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
So yesterday I am at my dentist and he begins asking me questions regarding the buckeyes and Urban. I was not sure of the angle but he then explained that his neighbor is a close friend of Urban's. He said they were at Urban's house after the MI win and Urban just sat in the kitchen table chair. He explained that there is a lot behind the absess, pain, etc. Of course, this was after I said I expect he'll turn in his card and enjoy life but health will be the reason rather real or not, lol.

It then turned into will he coach at a local high school, etc. Personally, I am happy for a changing of the guard coming.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I wonder if they shopped around any before settling on Day as the coach. Man I think I would have held out a little to see who popps up.. Not saying there's anything wrong with Day as I have no idea of his abilities, just wondering.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I wonder if they shopped around any before settling on Day as the coach. Man I think I would have held out a little to see who popps up.. Not saying there's anything wrong with Day as I have no idea of his abilities, just wondering.

Agreed, not sure why he was already a definite. Guess time will tell. Probably not near the $ as UM was getting.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I don't think I shared this insight here, but I had a candid conversation with the father of a senior lineman about a month ago. He said the players love Day and when Urban is around, its like the CEO crashed the party. From what I have heard from the same parent, Day will be a player's coach and many think he will recruit well. With Urban staying to help recruit, it could a really dynamic duo.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I don't think I shared this insight here, but I had a candid conversation with the father of a senior lineman about a month ago. He said the players love Day and when Urban is around, its like the CEO crashed the party. From what I have heard from the same parent, Day will be a player's coach and many think he will recruit well. With Urban staying to help recruit, it could a really dynamic duo.

I'm not going back and digging it up but I'm pretty sure I said similar last season. I just never saw the team rally behind coach Meyer. Always looked like he ran it like a CEO and managed the skill coaches. If Day turns out to be a players coach who can inspire players who want to win for him, then OSU will be unstoppable.

Urban is a hard act to follow from a record standpoint. The university isn't going to settle for anything less than 10-2, and he better be in the playoffs by year 3.

Creamer

Athens
Everything I have read/heard says that Day was considered one of the "next big things" in coaching. If it's anything like the Bob Stoops-Lincoln Riley transition at Oklahoma, that would be phenomenal. I'm sure that's asking too much, but that would be nice.

I also heard a little rumor on the radio this morning from Fox Sports that Harbaugh could be considering a move back to the NFL. Cleveland and Green Bay could potentially lure him away from TSUN.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Everything I have read/heard says that Day was considered one of the "next big things" in coaching. If it's anything like the Bob Stoops-Lincoln Riley transition at Oklahoma, that would be phenomenal. I'm sure that's asking too much, but that would be nice.

I also heard a little rumor on the radio this morning from Fox Sports that Harbaugh could be considering a move back to the NFL. Cleveland and Green Bay could potentially lure him away from TSUN.
Yea, that was from former Buckeye Chris Carter. You know, he's a hell of an actor. He actually kept a straight face when he said "I have sources". I wonder who he knows in Harbaugh's inner circle? Fucking tool. It's just a lame attempt to hurt recruiting, thats all.

Reactions: Creamer