Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Rut Report, County, Conditions

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
4 bucks and a doe and fawn . One 2.5 yr old and another that could have been a big 2.5 or small 3.5 worked over some trees.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
image.jpg
One of my best buddies killed this buck tonight right on a doe. 55 yds through the heart. Muskingum County.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I had 2 dinks bristle up and come into the decoy right at dark. My dad had a shooter at 75 yards but wouldn't close the distance. Coshocton County.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
With the warm temps this week I think I'm gonna postpone my vacation days till next week. Lots of big deer dieing, but I keep striking out .

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was scheduled to be off tomorrow and moved it to next Monday. Now I'm off Fri-Mon and like the looks of the weather. If Friday is going to be a rain day, I may use it to hang some stands. Picking up a couple extra sets of sticks this week so I can hop around a little easier.

epe

Lancaster
Dad had 2 does come in tonight minus mom. I watched either a really nice 2.5 or decent 3.5 yo make multiple scrapes and stand in his back legs to work a scrape. Never seen that before.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
View attachment 37914
One of my best buddies killed this buck tonight right on a doe. 55 yds through the heart. Muskingum County.

That's a slammer 10 Marcus!! Congrats to your buddy!!!! Heck of a shot BTW!

I helped load up a dandy 10 tonight for a real good buddy. He's helped me countless times dragging deer out so it was awesome being there for him for a change! He shot him through the heart with a xbow fed spitfire BH. He didn't go far and he heard him crash! By far his best buck and he's killed some nice ones!

Both sides are nearly identical. The left brow might be .25" shorter...lol

I roughed him out to 164 mut he'll gross more cuz I rounded down.

Congratulations Dennis!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
That's a slammer 10 Marcus!! Congrats to your buddy!!!! Heck of a shot BTW!

I helped load up a dandy 10 tonight for a real good buddy. He's helped me countless times dragging deer out so it was awesome being there for him for a change! He shot him through the heart with a xbow fed spitfire BH. He didn't go far and he heard him crash! By far his best buck and he's killed some nice ones!

Both sides are nearly identical. The left brow might be .25" shorter...lol

I roughed him out to 164 mut he'll gross more cuz I rounded down.

Congratulations Dennis!

Thanks Ric! These two bucks look very similar.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Only seen one deer this morning so far. Mid 130s 3yr old with a cool rack. Working a picking branch and scrape.

Last night saw a doe with button buck twins in tow.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Last night between 5-6 I saw 4 groups of slick heads... 5 in the first group, 3 in the second and third group and 2 in the last group right at dark.... All heading down too the bottom alfalfa field and no antlers flowing.... The first group seemed really nervous and took their time making their way too the bottom with tails high as they walked down and fed along the way.... The rest of them strolled on down and weren't nervous at all.... They were all walking with the winds at their backs....