Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Rut Report, County, Conditions

Gordo

Athens County
Had a great sit this morning. Chasing , sparring, the works.

A bunch of fresh rubs and scrapes popping up consistently on my areas in Athens/meigs/vinton.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Some good chasing going on so far still a little slow. Seen 2 big bucks last night and this morning. My buddy killed a nice 8. And my other buddy's girl friend killed her first buck and first with a bow. So last night was a good night.

Gordo

Athens County
Found some fresh rubs and a new scrape today. It's going to break loose any moment. And then it'll get hot like it always does...

C'mon bro! PMA(positive mental attitude) not PMS. Ha.

It does seem to happen every fuggin year.

Itd be pretty bad ass to be sitting on stand in my 'air gordons'(sandals) and a pair of shorts when a mid day bruiser shows up

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Saw some cruising the last couple days. My cameras show more movement at night versus day time so it's not quite there yet. Had a nice buck slip past my stand right at 7:45 this morning just out of bow range. He was on a slow steady walk with little to now stopping. Didn't see my next deer till 12:05, a 4 pt just gettin on his feet browsing to the next place to lay down a spell. I swear these younger bucks just bedding down along travel routes or funnels like some humans do at those benches in the middle of the mall to people watch or scope out the eye candy. Lmao

Just got home from a party at which we took along our neighbors next door and he just text me that a nice buck(8-10pt past his ears) has a doe pinned down in his backyard this rainy night. They backed up and turned their lights on him and he didn't budge, she's prolly pretty close to coming in if not already there!

epe

Lancaster
Seeing fresh scrapes in Washington and Noble counties. New bucks cruising the feeders in daylight. Got picures of a 8pt that needs a good deflating . Apparently he likes his picture to be taken...lol
uploadfromtaptalk1446379501410.JPG

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Been slow for me . Seeing some but nothing great . Had three of my last 4 sits affected by other hunters and ATVs . Gets frustrating dealing with stuff ya have no control over

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
3 good friends and my dad killed Halloween bucks tho , so its getting there ...hopefully I quit drawing the short straw.

themedic

OHIO
Slow today and last night sucked for me as well. My buddy got pics of a mature buck breeding a mature doe. Some are ready.......

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A co worker said there was a nice 8 in his yard this morning looking like he was in a hurry and lost. He evidently made it in the middle of a large subdivision in the Hamilton/Liberty TWP area and can't find his way out...lol

I'd say the switch as been flipped. Just hope it's still going strong this weekend when my vacation starts.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Cam check revealed almost entirely nocturnal activity since Thursday. Only exception being the 8 point I passed up Friday. I bet that trend continues for a few days with the weather.

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Big Zero, tonight. Lots of squirrels, not a single deer seen. Fresh rubs and active scrapes walking in. Pulled chips walking out tonight. A Couple bruisers in the area, not to meet them at the perfect time....
HUNT0071.jpg
HUNT0051.jpg