Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Walleye Run

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
The amount of daylight is more of a trigger to spawning than water temperature. Good numbers of fish will be in the river by march 22, same as every other year.

oakswamper

around Toledo
Not a fuggin thing. Snagged a couple suckers was it. Had buddies fishing all over the river and no walleye even seen. Guess I'll be a Crappie fisherman the next 7-10 days

So you are saying all the rain you were wishing on us up here didn't get the ball rolling? That's unfortunate :smiley_crocodile::smiley_crocodile:

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Haha. I should have wished the warm weather to stay Too! Until 5 years ago, I would have been standing up there everyday grinding out a fish or two. I used to be obsessed with being one of the first to get a limit. Funny how kids wise us up some:smiley_bril:

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I visited Jann's Netcraft yesterday for a bit and popped in the Maumee for about 90 minutes of fishing with 2 buddies. I caught 1 legal, snagged 1 in the eyeball, and lost another legal. My buddies both lost legal fish and snagged 1 each. Air temp was 28 degrees. I think this weekend it'll be game on

oakswamper

around Toledo
I will be taking my grandson for a walk in the morning to try and find a trail cam card that I dropped. We will then go to the river and see what's happening and I will report back lol