Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Walleye Run

loose_is_fast

McClure
Well..... the river came back down some and the debris have cleared. We had three limits this morning in under 3 hours. We caught 2 big female and let them go. They were both still hard so that is a plus. Be back out tomorrow morning. I'll make sure to get pictures of the harvest when we are done.

loose_is_fast

McClure
Here is the mess from this morning... 3 hours. Fishing was awesome four the first hour then slowed significantly.

Attachments

• 20170404_120331.jpg
    20170404_120331.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 338

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I slammed them all weekend and Monday. Released a couple females that were pushing 10lbs on Monday. Haven't been able to fish since then, which sucks. All this rain is probably gonna screw everything up again for a few days. This weekend is supposed to be the tournament, but im guessing it gets cancelled

loose_is_fast

McClure
Still going strong..... the fishing has been awesome this week. TOO bad this weather is hitting us.

Attachments

• 20170405_104149.jpg
    20170405_104149.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 398
  • 20170406_093831.jpg
    20170406_093831.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 367

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was just talking to Tucky Jr. about buying his kayak. I can justify a trip to the area for business (paid mileage) and may do it late next week so I can stay and fish the weekend. I've never done it, but told Randy I'd be up a 100 times.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Was supposed to be tomorrow but due to high water, they moved it to next saturday. I'm glad, as they were dicks and scheduled their tourney differently this year which coincided with the Memorial tournament the same day. Everyone usually fishes both, but the new bait shop owner is kind of a dumbfugg

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I fished the super high water today. It took me 3.5 hours to grind out a limit and another hour to help my buddy finish his. It was a clown show down there once people seen me getting fish. Fricking zombie fishermen just enclosing around you like its the only spot on the river. Gotta love it!

oopsagain

Nice going Red. I only managed one yesterday. I thought I was PLENTY early enough to get a decent spot off White ST. Wrong!!! ended up with an ok drift, but to far down in the hole. I had long casting let it hang above me and short casters below.. I really had to watch my casts to avoid them.. Made for a difficult frustrating morning. So far I've got four days of fishing in two limits and two singles.. I am looking forward to this week. The spots I like to fish should open up.. I should be able to hit them again come Wednesday.

loose_is_fast

McClure
Fishing sucked all weekend my cousin did land a really nice jack though. It is the biggest of the year at the bait shop so far 8.21lbs. We ended up with limits but high water and a ridiculous amount of people made it difficult. Today was a lot better two limits by 9:30 and we were out.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I hear ya about the idiots. Definitely makes things interesting. Yesterday I had a few hours to fish so I headed up hoping to get a couple. I left with 2 solid Jacks and 2 Fish Ohio females. Biggest was 11.2 lbs and 29'. Second was 28" and right at 9.5lbs. Normally I will cull females off with some jacks but I was short on time so I brought them home

Today I caught my limit in 6 cast's. I actually lost my 4th fish on my 5th cast just short of the net. But that best's my previous record of a 7 cast limit. I fished just under an hour and a half and landed 16 legal walleye. It's alot of fun right now

loose_is_fast

McClure
I had a guy from west of Chicago today pull in a big ol sow. He was the most excited person I have ever seen. He didn't catch any more after that and said he didn't care. 6 hour drive for one big not very good tasting fish......Not this guy.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I was able to fish the last 2 hours yesterday. Caught 6 total legal eyes. I'm hoping we dont get too uch of the rain the next 2 days. if we get just enough to keep river at current level and cool it off, we'll have good fishing for a couple more weeks