Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Projects Thread

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well the hole is sealed! [emoji41] With the perfect weather we where having today I was going to get that slab poured come hell or high water. I told Austin at work that we was going to be busy this evening. Made a stop on the way home from work to get the rest of the supplies. 18-80 lb. bags of sakrete and a expansion joint.

Got home and started the frame work and the supports to keep the OSB from buckling and caving in. Put a 8" tube center over top of the well casing to provide a chase for the well and got some hand me down rebar from the job I was on today which should give it some extra strength. Got this done just before sunset.

Then mixed up 12 bags, 2 at a time and started filling.

Been a long night and Austin was a real trooper the whole night, couldn't have gotten it done with out him. The shower is gonna feel great.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Came home tonight and was going to take the girls to dinner. Decided I'd rather make good use of a nice day. Finished up the floor to the chicken house and cut the first piece of plywood for the garage. The rest of the cuts are easy after this one!

I'm going to frame in the ductwork right there. Always been an eye sore, so it'll be nice to clean it up a little. I added some insulation last summer to stop condensation from forming in the summers.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Not much progress today as I just cleaned up and took inventory for Saturday. I plan to spent the day down there and see what I can accomplish.

Buckmaster

Portage
I've got 3 gallons of Sherwin Williams oil based primer to seal up that OSB Jesse when you're done. Oil will seal out moisture then top coat with Latex (got that TOO).

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got to try out the new enclosed trailer/rental property trailer today. Went to the new house to change locks. Realized I didn't have a drill in the trailer. All the tools I have in there and no drill?!!!?? Got a call from a tenant who had a wire ripped off the house. Got to head 12 miles west. Had the trailer hooked my Honda Element. Was a fine plan when I was driving a couple miles down the road. Wasn't exactly what I wanted in the windy conditions. A box of a Honda Element pulling a bigger box in high winds sucks. When I take a shower tonight, I suspect I find my underwear will have been squeezed into a diamond. Serious pucker factor pulling that thing and I am plenty comfortable pulling trailers. lmao

No pictures for the project portion. I was too busy working to take pics. What I had was a tenant who ran a wire from a motion light to the garage overhead. Then they had something blow around in the wind and rip the wire off causing the breaker to trip. My only recourse was to shut down power, climb in the attic, follow the wire to the outside motion light back, back to the junction box, and remove it. No more power in the garage. If the tenant wants power in the garage they can buy materials to add another breaker/wire/conduit, and I'll run them a line for power to the garage. It will be buried, installed in the proper conduit and I'll have an electrician hook it all up. I can't let people do this sort of stuff without asking. They could have burnt my house down. Worse, they could have gotten themselves killed. I am not an electrician and I realized this was a HORRIBLE idea. lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That wind was wicked Phil... We had some gusts too close too 50mph here today.... It was fun just hanging onto the truck not towing anything lol....