Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO dump thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
When i started this thread, I thought to myself "Sometimes you just need to vent, dump it out, and move on." I think it has served well for this. Other times it has been deeper or bigger. Many of the posts start with fear or frustration, but end with a smile. I hope your boy is doing much better after a weekend of recooperation Red!

This one is a dump and move on. Saturday- sent a guy out with tractor and flail mower to mow a field. Did 90% of it and something broke. PTO would not work. Claims he didn't hit anything he shouldn't have. Who knows? Maybe it is a simple sheer pin, or linkage. Haven't looked at it. Too much going on this weekend and I didn't want to fool with it. Today I started the dump truck. It has fold down sides and I was going to load pallets onto it with tree stands to haul to our other shop. Engaged the PTO to lift the bed off the prop stick. (I generally leave the bed angled and resting on the prop rod so rain washes out of the beds. Always use prop rod for safety reasons.) After engaging the PTO, I went to lift the bed and nothing happened. I jacked around with it awhile. PTO comes right out of the tranny. I got nothing. Probably a linkage issue or maybe a broken cable I am hoping. While laying under the truck checking things out, my wife walks out frustrated. She said the glass top on the oven broke. She had a 23qt pot on there making spaghetti sauce to can for future use. Ruined the whole batch and she isn't sure how it broke.

Not going to get all worked up. Spent $246 to get a new oven top coming. Will worry about dump truck and tractor tomorrow. Why get worked up when both could be simple fixes? At the moment though, it just kinda sucks. Then I thought about my friend. He buried his 39yr old wife a couple weeks ago. He is working and trying to raise 5 little ones on his own. Heckuva guy. Sad situation. While I am frustrated at the moment, things could always be worse. This thread might sound like a negative thread, but it is always nice to stay positive and count our blessings when the chips aren't falling in our favor. Life could always be worse.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks Mike. Stove top showed up today. Buh-bye $246. lol Got a local price on dump truck part I need. They said they needed to send it out and have a special one made. No less than $120. Screw that. Called a place out of town. They shipped out the part I need for $35. The tractor? Not looking good. My guy really screwed it up bad. Was planning on selling it in the spring. Guess whoever buys it will have it with some new parts installed. lol

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Been one of those days....

Lots of stress at work, more stress with the army reserve and then this to finish off my drive home.

Was less than a mile from home and a distracted uninsured driver came across center.

I am ok no broken bones but this sucks.

uploadfromtaptalk1409277265540.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Glad your ok Doug. Could have been so much worse then it is man.

Ric, if they made people have insurance then your insurance agent couldn't add in the uninsured motorist charge on your policy.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Thanks everyone, pretty sore today and I think I have the most flaming rentalcar ever. Light blue chevy spark, it's hilarious looking.