Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO dump thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Routine procedure or not, that is scary stuff when it is your child. Praying everything is smooth and solves his issues.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Found out my 3 year old son has to have surgery in a few weeks. He has been spiking high fevers on and off for months now and always had runny noses and ear infections. He had tubes when he was 1. Now he has to get his Adnoids removed, tonsils removed, and tubes in the ears again. Doc said most of the problems are his adenoids and he may have a touch of apnea which has been making him have troubles sleeping at night and taking 4 hour naps during the day. Just hoping this fixes it for him. It relatively normal procedure and outpatient. It's always great having a wife as a nurse (minus the fact my wife has the worse bedside manners when it comes to me being sick:smiley_depressive:)
That really sucks, Red. That's got to be a scary feeling sending your kid in for surgery. hopefully everything goes smoothly for him and his problems go away. It's best he have it done now rather than later on down the road though. I had my tonsils removed a couple years ago at age 27... One of the most difficult things I've ever gone through. I lost over 17 lbs in less than two weeks. It's definitely easier for a child to bounce back from that kind of operation than an adult.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Garrett had his tonsils and adnoids removed last year when he was 9. He did fine. A bit tender for a day or two. Bounced back quickly. Still was scary for us as parents though since he had never been put under.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I need my tonsils removed but they don't want to because of me being 70. They only flare up 2-3 times per year and today is one of the flares.
Praying your child does well.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hope all goes well with your son Ryan. We have avoided any major issues thus far, but I know it would tears me up to see them suffer and be in pain. Not a good feeling at all.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Garrett had his tonsils and adnoids removed last year when he was 9. He did fine. A bit tender for a day or two. Bounced back quickly. Still was scary for us as parents though since he had never been put under.

Thanks for the kind words guys. He's a tough little dude. Phil, this is what we've heard from a few other parents as well. Definitely calms the nerves a bit. This will be his 3rd surgery already. The first was tubes when he was young, which was literally only a 10 minute procedure. The 2nd was the MRSA cyst inside his neck when he was 1 years old. He's getting to be an old pro at this stuff, lol. But everything that has been done has been his ears and adenoids, so, I think this will be the ticket, I pray.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I didn't have any I'll effects and I had a ton for lunch yesterday. I may have already cauterized my sphincter years ago.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for the kind words guys. He's a tough little dude. Phil, this is what we've heard from a few other parents as well. Definitely calms the nerves a bit. This will be his 3rd surgery already. The first was tubes when he was young, which was literally only a 10 minute procedure. The 2nd was the MRSA cyst inside his neck when he was 1 years old. He's getting to be an old pro at this stuff, lol. But everything that has been done has been his ears and adenoids, so, I think this will be the ticket, I pray.

They are resilient Ryan. He is a boy. Not be be pessimistic, but rather, being realistic. . . you aren't done. If he is a wildman like his daddy, this won't be your last hospital or ER visit. Garrett has had 3 cat scans prior to turning 10. They don't recommend over 3 in the first 18yrs. We threatened to make him wear a helmet around. lmao Before his tonsils/adenoids, he was sick several times every year. This past winter was 1000% better. Prayers it goes smoothly and produces the outcome you are looking for.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
The ceiling in one if the rooms in our house sprung a leak..... dumped out about 2 quarts after I turned off the water in the house.
Can see the seams in the ceiling and two blisters in the walls. Emergency plumber is here trying to find the leak...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That sucks Doug.

Found out tonight they school went internal and hired the Vice-Principal to coach baseball despite saying last year he couldn't coach as an administrator. He and I won't jive and with a possible job change ahead, I'm done coaching for now. I may come back to it someday, but I'm just going to enjoy life and being a father.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
May or may not be dump worthy. Hopefully you find it to be less stressful and coaching falls into place for you down the road. Maybe a taste of it, a break from it, and reintroducing it to your life down the road will be a much less stressful and enjoyable coaching career. Sometimes we just try to force things too much and it takes the fun out of it. Good luck Jesse.

Sorry about the leak. That plumb sucks!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
May or may not be dump worthy. Hopefully you find it to be less stressful and coaching falls into place for you down the road. Maybe a taste of it, a break from it, and reintroducing it to your life down the road will be a much less stressful and enjoyable coaching career. Sometimes we just try to force things too much and it takes the fun out of it. Good luck Jesse.

Sorry about the leak. That plumb sucks!
I see what you did there!

Serve pro coming out later...:(

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Sorry to hear that about the coaching job but I really believe that you won't look back and be dissappointed when your standing in the dugout with your little girl in a couple more years. Is the asst principle the guy thats dating Taylors X.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I see what you did there!

Serve pro coming out later...:(

What?mischeif.gif

Had to have some fun. It does suck though. I have been there on some rental properties where people tell you 3 months later. At least you saw it quickly and minimized your damages. Hope it isn't too bad to fix.