Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Adventures of Bo and Cole

OO2

In the Uplands
Rough shooting today. If it was pointed it was a guaranteed miss

Stepped on two as I was walking out and shot the double.

Pulled 11 ticks off of the dogs already 😤

IMG_3298.jpeg
IMG_3297.jpeg

OO2

In the Uplands
Dogs ran hard, too hard as they outran their noses on 4/5 birds.

Nothing beats getting hit in the face by a hundred saplings and getting wrapped up in thorn bushes while you hear a woodcock whistle away cause your dog ran into the thicket at Mach Jesus.

Hopeuflly get back on the birds next weekend.

OO2

In the Uplands
Dogs did pretty good. Shot two pointed birds over them. Ellie was the MVD of the day. She pointed 4/5 birds. I couldn’t get a picture of it but she was buried into this thorn bush on point with just her rear end out of it. Glad I was able to hit that one for her
IMG_3390.jpeg
IMG_3391.jpeg

Bo pointed 2/3 birds as well. He ran into a few of Ellie’s points and busted the birds. She did the same to him as well. Will have to work on backing this off season with them
IMG_3394.jpeg

I am done shooting wild flushed woodcock over them this year. See if that cleans the dogs up any

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Dogs did pretty good. Shot two pointed birds over them. Ellie was the MVD of the day. She pointed 4/5 birds. I couldn’t get a picture of it but she was buried into this thorn bush on point with just her rear end out of it. Glad I was able to hit that one for her
View attachment 190545View attachment 190546
Bo pointed 2/3 birds as well. He ran into a few of Ellie’s points and busted the birds. She did the same to him as well. Will have to work on backing this off season with them
View attachment 190547

I am done shooting wild flushed woodcock over them this year. See if that cleans the dogs up any
Cole, is there a decent qual population down there?

Reactions: OO2

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I haven’t found any yet. Similar to the plight of Ohio pheasant and quail habitat is disappearing as folks opt for farming pine trees.

There is some habitat 1.5-2 hours away on public ground. It’s open until 28 Feb so I hope to find some
Good luck, looking forward to those updates.

Reactions: OO2