Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team # 7 " Get it while it's warm "

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Goofy is fugged up! Is he retarded? I'd like to shoot that one...

I think he is a little slow so you might stand a chance at hitting him lol. I also think he looks to be a young buck maybe only 2.5 maybe 3 this year. I have another one that has a kink in his left antler that I have sheds from last year. He grew the exact same antlers back this year. Strange.

lung buster

hocking county
Lung Buster checking in. Name is Mike and I live and hunt in Hocking county. Not sure how much blood I'm going draw this year. I've been really working on the slick heads the last couple of years and all the girls will be getting a pass around the house as I intend to save them for my son who will be going after his first deer this year! I'm sure ill get thirsty after a couple of weeks and I have a couple of backup spots that need some thinning. Looks like we have a good group. I'm cool with any name.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Welcome LB! Well fellas, after a disappointing week on the cams, some of the regulars are showing back up with their velvet shed. I will get a few pics posted up here soon. I posted some pics of a buck called Long Neck a while back, well he shed his velvet, and is looking pretty good. Not a lot of mass, but some really good tine length. Things are starting to get exciting!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Welcome to the group Mike. The +5 bonus youth points will be nice to have.

Greg, Glad to hear the boys are starting to show up again for ya. Mine took a little vacation and started back on the cams the other day with the clean bone look.

Beener, I hope you get some good deer on cam buddy. I found yet another car parked out at my spot yesterday late morning dickin with the north block side of the road. I hope they keep pushing the bucks right back over to my new part of the property since nobody has been going back in there for a bit but me checking cams lol.

Team name idea : TOO ELITE ?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Adam, I will be up that weekend no matter what, and you better get your butt down here the following weekend.

I will for sure be down the following weekend. I have it on the OCTOBER HUNTS sticky note on my computer monitor for several weeks now just so the wife can't say I never told her lmao.

I can't wait to get down there and smack some slickheads. It's going to be a blast to hang with the crew.

Isn't Ryan also coming down that weekend to stay with Jesse ?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I will for sure be down the following weekend. I have it on the OCTOBER HUNTS sticky note on my computer monitor for several weeks now just so the wife can't say I never told her lmao.

I can't wait to get down there and smack some slickheads. It's going to be a blast to hang with the crew.

I am not real sure, but that would make a good time even better.

I got some news today that may mean I will have to find different property to hunt the Big Eight. This is the piece of property that is chalked full of does and is an absolute sanctuary. My aunt is chosing to have it select cut so she can raise enough cash to plant 10 acres of grown up field in trees. The forester has already marked the timber and sent it out for bid. From what I hear, timber prices ate crappy right now, so I am hoping nobody is interested, at least until February. I guess only time will tell, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. This was one of the pieces I was going to have you hunt Adam.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I am not real sure, but that would make a good time even better.

I got some news today that may mean I will have to find different property to hunt the Big Eight. This is the piece of property that is chalked full of does and is an absolute sanctuary. My aunt is chosing to have it select cut so she can raise enough cash to plant 10 acres of grown up field in trees. The forester has already marked the timber and sent it out for bid. From what I hear, timber prices ate crappy right now, so I am hoping nobody is interested, at least until February. I guess only time will tell, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. This was one of the pieces I was going to have you hunt Adam.

That stinks bro. I stopped hunting one of my properties for the last 3 years because they did select cutting in there and made it a thick tangled mess. I know the deer are still there but hell if you could find one if you was lucky enough to get a shot off.
Don't worry too much buddy. The change in scenery and a couple of good people to hang out with are far better then any old deer any day lol.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It will still be there to hunt, I don't think they will timber until late season, if at all. I'm not worried though, we have other places we can visit.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
FS checking in! I feel we got some great guys on this team! I hope to eventually meet each one of you guys sometime but know by reading most of your posts that we're all cut from the same cloth. Nice hearing from lungbuster(Mike)! I'm Ric aka Finelyshedded. I'll be hunting mostly in the SW and SE and have got a few nice ones on my radar. As for names, anything you guys like(raunchy,funny,weird...) I'll be thinking about some ideas. I'm stoked and jacked at the same time.............ready to kill something TOO!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It will still be there to hunt, I don't think they will timber until late season, if at all. I'm not worried though, we have other places we can visit.

Sounds good man. If all els fails we will go crash some of Jesse's stands lmao. All except the one Steve had to take the drill and replace the step on. I don't know how well I trust his craftsmanship and carpentry skills lol.

What all do I need to bring down with me anyway ?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Deep Penetrators

"It may not pass through but we put it where it needs to go!" lol

Big Johnson Deer Killers

"The name says it all!"

Heartland Hitmen

"Death from above"

Kornfield Killerz

"Hunting over acorns is for sissys!"

Passin Thru

"Insert semi-clever remark"

Deep Woods Ninjas

"Not that kind of Ninja"

Ok most suck but maybe it will get the creative juices flowing!

Beentown

huntn2

Hudson, OH

Yup, if your down that weekend TOO it is gonna be a straight up party! I hear rgecko and hoyt are going that weeken as well.