Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

So what did ya get?

Diablo54

Outside
I've had a awesome Christmas. Lots of time with family. And some great gifts. I was the spoiled brat this year.

Christmas Eve I opened a new 38 revolver and then a mellinuim m100 u tree stand.

This morning I received a 36 gun cannon safe which was much needed. All of this on top of many other things. Dang.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419561208.834703.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419561208.834703.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 46
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419561225.452459.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419561225.452459.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 47
My wife and I got each other the dish washer I mentioned earlier. Kids made out like bandits as usual. Got my son a model car to put together, something I used to do when I was a kid. Looking forward to spending some time with him putting it together. Got all the paint and everything to do it right too.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Eric made out. I like the sexy little black gun!

Taylor must have been extra good this year. You will have that safe filled up in no time. Great gift. Sooner or later little Taylor's will show up and you will NEED one. Until then, safe from criminals, younger siblings, and fire to an extent.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
My wife got me a new 50 inch vizio tv. Had it hid in the bedroom since black Friday behind her dresser and I never even noticed...lol

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas. I got to watch my 2 nieces open gifts, ones 2 and a half and one is almost 1. Then my brother broke the news that I'll be and uncle again, that was pretty cool. Dad got me a generator for the new house, which was over kill, but it's awsome. Other than that, spending all day stuffing my face and hanging out with my family is hard to beat.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sweet, I missed that whole story. That will be a blast to give for sure!

Huck- I know you and your folks are pretty close. I am the same way. Not a lot of opportunities to ever "pay back" your parents for all they have given you. Not monetarily, but for the upbringing they gave you. My dad only hunted as a child with his uncles. Not by choice, but by necessity to eat. He was always the dog jumping on brush piles. Grew up and never hunted, never really liked guns. In the last ten years or so (maybe less), he has started liking guns. I have been able to teach him some things and kindle the fire for him. Buying him a gun is very rewarding for me. This will be the third one I have bought for him. One was a raggedy old bolt action shotgun I snagged for $70-80. He told me what he wanted so I grabbed one when I saw it. Nothing fancy. Not sure he has even fired it and I really don't care. Another was an old double barrel he hung over the fireplace. He looked at gun shows several years but wouldn't spend the money for a mantle piece. Knowing: a gift is something you buy for someone which they would not buy for themselves. . . Just made it all the better when I saw the shock on his face. He NEVER would have spent the money on one for himself. Don't even remember what I spent on it. Somewhere in the $100-200 range. Doesn't matter. Don't care. The look on his face was priceless.

When we started shooting together I put a line up of pistols on a table. Went through operations of each one. Focused on safety and procedures for loading, safely firing, unloading. Repeatedly told him on the semiauto pistol to keep his thumb out of the way. Worked the first round or two. Then he sliced the top of his thumb open when the slide came back. He has been a revolver man ever since. Being 67yrs old, he grew up on westerns and cowboy movies like many in his generation. I just wanted to get him something that was sorta close to one of these guns. He has a Heritage Rough Rider in 22cal. Now he has the Ruger Single Six. Maybe some day i will get him something in 45LC. Probably not though. He isn't a hunter. Just likes to shoot targets. The 22's fit the bill nicely for this.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well she is together. Added some fiberglass rope in between the two boxes. Just need to put fiberglass rope on the doors and I'll be set.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Huck- I know you and your folks are pretty close. I am the same way. Not a lot of opportunities to ever "pay back" your parents for all they have given you. Not monetarily, but for the upbringing they gave you. My dad only hunted as a child with his uncles. Not by choice, but by necessity to eat. He was always the dog jumping on brush piles. Grew up and never hunted, never really liked guns. In the last ten years or so (maybe less), he has started liking guns. I have been able to teach him some things and kindle the fire for him. Buying him a gun is very rewarding for me. This will be the third one I have bought for him. One was a raggedy old bolt action shotgun I snagged for $70-80. He told me what he wanted so I grabbed one when I saw it. Nothing fancy. Not sure he has even fired it and I really don't care. Another was an old double barrel he hung over the fireplace. He looked at gun shows several years but wouldn't spend the money for a mantle piece. Knowing: a gift is something you buy for someone which they would not buy for themselves. . . Just made it all the better when I saw the shock on his face. He NEVER would have spent the money on one for himself. Don't even remember what I spent on it. Somewhere in the $100-200 range. Doesn't matter. Don't care. The look on his face was priceless.

When we started shooting together I put a line up of pistols on a table. Went through operations of each one. Focused on safety and procedures for loading, safely firing, unloading. Repeatedly told him on the semiauto pistol to keep his thumb out of the way. Worked the first round or two. Then he sliced the top of his thumb open when the slide came back. He has been a revolver man ever since. Being 67yrs old, he grew up on westerns and cowboy movies like many in his generation. I just wanted to get him something that was sorta close to one of these guns. He has a Heritage Rough Rider in 22cal. Now he has the Ruger Single Six. Maybe some day i will get him something in 45LC. Probably not though. He isn't a hunter. Just likes to shoot targets. The 22's fit the bill nicely for this.

Phil: Great story but knowing how you are along with your beliefs, it doesn't surprise me the story played out the way is did. Thank you for that.