Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

So what did ya get?

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Another under amrour hoodie, some Bass Pro gift cards, Tickets to the Foo Fighters in August, various insulated undergarments and socks, and...............last night the wife had my 3 year old son inform me that he is going to be a big brother. Whoa! Totally unexpexted, and unplanned. Haha. We thought we were a 1 and done couple. Really excited and happy though

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Got a go pro from the wife and gift cards from the daughter and in laws..... Hoping too get hue go pro figured out and use here shortly on some rabbit hunts.... There's a harness for attaching too a dog that the wife wants me too get lol... I explained mine don't just run around an open field, they'll come back without it lol....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like some wonderful Christmas experiences. Happy for you all.

Ryan-Congratulations. Truly the gift that keeps on giving. Awesome!

Wife surprised me with a canvas of the buck I killed this year. Basically a pic of me holding it and blew it up. Really unexpected and cool. Then she outdid herself and handed me tickets to Garth Brooks in Detroit. I thought the inversion table was plenty. She really shouldn't have. She got a laptop and was very happy. Kids were all thrilled. Only disappointment was one pair of pants my daughter tried on. She had smiles and was loving them. I said "Nope. Exchange for the next size. Too tight. I was 13-14yr old boy once. Those pants aren't happening." She is over it now. Lol

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Very Nice Everyone! Glad to see everyone enjoying the day. So far I had the Nicest Christmas Dinner and gathering anyone could ask for. Our family gifts will be opened when my Grandson gets here.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Love the sounds of the For Fighters Ryan!

Wife/Daughter got me a 23qt. Presto Pressure Cooker, canning kit and a book with 400 recipes for canning/preserving. Also got a Cabelas wind proof fleece jacket and pants.

In-Laws got me a Food Saver and accessories.

Parents gave me some cast iron accessories and a cook book for the dutch oven. They also gave us some cash for new silverware and plates/bowls.

The best part was seeing my little girl light up every time she opened up a new gift.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like everyone is having a good Christmas!

Phil, did your dad get the Ruger?
My parents and siblings with their spouses/kids, and my family get together on Saturday. My brother, sister, and their families live in Columbus. BIL is a Fire Fighter and his work schedule makes it tough at times for them to get out of town Christmas Day or Christmas Eve. My folks stopped in to see our kids on the way to see grandma. Was all my will power NOT to pull the Ruger out and hand it to him. I am excited to see his face, Joel. Can't wait. He is going to be stoked!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sounds like a good time is being had by many, and some really nice gifts have been exchange and are yet to be!

We have had a great time with my family yesterday, our kids and Krista's family today. How does it get better than that?

On a more superficial note; I have scored! I've told my bride since we started dating there is no need for us to exchange gifts, and mean it wholeheartedly. She however does not agree. She had Santa drop off a few cool things that I did not need. A new Bushnell rangefinder (my other one is the first one to hit the market in 1995 and still works great). A new buddy heater. A giant Kbar knife (my uncle was a highly decorated combat veteran of the south pacific theatre and respected his kbar immensely. He didn't tell many stories about it in particular aside from "you can't live in the jungle full of japs without a kbar". I've wanted one since I was a kid, even though I have no practical need for it.) I also received some really cool books on natural remedies and wild plants, which I love. More hunting garments, socks, etc. An awesome nut cracker, cause I've just recently discovered how much fun it is to crack nuts...this thing could crack concrete blocks. The goofiest thing of all to me is a 1000 pack of handwarmers... ha. I'll never live long enough to use that many. I can't even remember all the stuff that was under our tree with my name on it... I wish she would quit that, seriously. My parents and inlaws were generous too. Several fleece pull overs and money, and a recip saw.
We like our kids a lot more than she likes me, they scored too. This place looks like a Christmas bomb went off.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your Christmas and get to enjoy time with loved ones. I'm loading the kids up and heading to the movies in a bit to see UNBROKEN.

Kaiser878

ohio
Wifey got me some shirts and a new hoe for my garden. I bought myself a truck cap and a trip to North Dakota earlier this fall so I'm set. Dad got me a couple gift cards and wife's Grandma got me a new 16-qt pressure cooker, which has me pretty stoked. Christmas with mom's side of the family is tomorrow.
When ur wife gets u a hoe...... u know u got a keeper

epe

Lancaster
Gift cards, clothes, and this sexy black beast from my dad..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419553546546.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419553546546.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 54

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Got a go pro from the wife and gift cards from the daughter and in laws..... Hoping too get hue go pro figured out and use here shortly on some rabbit hunts.... There's a harness for attaching too a dog that the wife wants me too get lol... I explained mine don't just run around an open field, they'll come back without it lol....

Jay, Go to their site and down load the Go pro studio editing software. Its free and fairly easy to use.

http://gopro.com/support/cineform-studio-software-support.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not real savvy at the tech stuff but a buddy got one as well and he and I are going too get it figured out lol....
Thanks for the heads up Jim, I'll take a look at it....

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Had our Xmas Tuesday since I was on duty Xmas eve and today. My boy got all kinds of stuff, I went a little overboard on him and my gf. I got some duck hunting stuff, some stuff for the boat, gift cards, and a new set of Carhartt bibs. Def a good Xmas, could of done without the material stuff bc I had more fun with family than anything.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok, as promised, new boots ! Actually, I received these Rocky's back in the beginning of October, but I wasn't allowed to wear 'em until today, since they're from my wife.

The reason for all this, is a big shout out to Albert who gave me the great deal on them. :)