Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Should we get a puppy?

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I always wondered how those DNA tests for breeds go. I DNA my stud dogs, but that's for blood lines, not specific breeds of dog.

Like if the father is a mixed breed already (who knows how many mixes in him) how is DNA going to determine what the father was. Yea, interesting.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I don't see how it could be.

I bought a female Golden pup 10 years ago and there was debate on whether or not the guy had mixed up the puppies (on Momma's side) since he had 3 litters at the same time. I had to DNA his Momma dogs, his stud dog and the pup I bought, so AKC could register her.

Boy, that guy was an idiot. I think he gave up on breeding after that fiasco.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sorry Mike but if they told me I'd have too interview too have a dog I'd have too tell them too stick it.... Don't get that whole process....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Funny story about these dog adoption people. My ex wife wanted this cat she found on pet finder from a no kill shelter. We filled out the app. Went through an interview and got the cat. A year later the damn thing wouldn't quit pissing on stuff. I had enough. When we signed the papers it said that if we ever wanted to get rid of it they had the right to first refusal. So I called them and explained. They tried their damnedest to get me to foster it until they could find a new home. I kept saying they needed to take it back. They said they would if I paid them to foster it. They assured me they wouldn't take long. A month later I called again and it was the same old song and dance. I finally told her. Look woman, nobody wants to adopt a cat that pisses on everything. You can take this cat back or it's going to meet Jesus out back your call. I dropped the cat off that evening with no problems.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
We got approved.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394338815434.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394338815434.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 73
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394338825398.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394338825398.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 73

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Nice mike congrats. Nice to see it's easier to get a credit card than a puppy... Fuggin freaks

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Awesome Mike. Not to high jack, but like Milo said, it is amazing the hoops one has to jump through for some things such as getting a puppy but other things like a credit card, voting, etc. are a breeze...

I'll second Dan's question, what's the name?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Lola. They named her when she was born. We like it. Thanks all. She still needs round two of her shots before we can have her.