Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ricers 2014-2015 Trapping Happenings

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Also catching some on marshmallows.

Had both out here at one time or another and nothing. I was actually trying to think the last time I seen a possum out there and honestly can't think of any in the last 2 years. I'm wondering if the yote haven't thinned them down a bunch catching them on the ground?

Ricer2231

Had both out here at one time or another and nothing. I was actually trying to think the last time I seen a possum out there and honestly can't think of any in the last 2 years. I'm wondering if the yote haven't thinned them down a bunch catching them on the ground?

I would say that they have had to because they're definitely plugging up my traps no matter what bait I put in them.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Fuggin blue jays are just as bad as feral cats if you ask me lol.

What are you guys catching the grinners with Don, Foot holds or the DP's? I have yet to catch one in my traps.

I've been catching them in my yote sets. That is my biggest problem I can't keep a set open more then a day without a damn possum in it.

Ricer2231

One coon, one possum, (Lord knows I can't go a day without catching one of those fuggers), and one more less cat.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418248721.433673.jpg
21 coon
26 rats
2 mink
16 grinners
1 skunk
1 blue jay
2 less cats

Ricer2231

Another stinking grinner and a really stinking skunk. I had my first coon pull out of a dog proof last night. Must have been a big fugger, that's only the second one ever to pull out of my z traps.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418308938.809971.jpg
21 coon
26 rats
2 mink
17 grinners
2 skunks
2 less cats
1 blue jay

Ricer2231

I think I'm going to skin the big ole boy out and get it tanned for my man cave. He's a biggin. Haha. I just shoot them behind the front shoulder and I haven't had one spray yet.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Yea they suck to deal with. Your day was about as good as mine. I had another goose egg today. I think I would rather have that then a peppi lapu lol. That is a big poll cat that's for sure.

Ricer2231

I got it all skinned out and then scrubbed it with peroxide and baking soda. Smells fresh as a daisy, no shit. My buddy is gonna flesh it with a power washer tomorrow. That is slick as hell. Nice for tender stuff because it's a lot harder to rip the hide.

Ricer2231

Had one coon today. My buddy showed me his power washer and fleshing nozzle he has been using to flesh his critters. It worked really good on my skunk but I don't think it would be the way to go if you had a lot of critters to do. Seems like it would use a lot of water. I have my skunk hanging and drying and I'm gonna put it on a stretcher tomorrow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418436378.401844.jpg
22 coon
26 rats
2 mink
17 grinners
2 skunks
2 less cats
1 blue jay.

Last edited:

Ricer2231

No critters this morning. Pulling all my traps tomorrow morning and won't be back out until after next week. Gotta work 12 hours all next week and seriously don't wanna spend 1 1/2 hours running traps in the dark after a 12 hour day. I'll get em back in the ground next weekend.