Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Turkey Hunting Report

freeboro

Back to my piece of public ground where I worked birds on Sunday. Took a half day of work and thought I'd at least get into some. I never heard nor saw a bird from daybreak until 10 when I headed home to get ready to be in to work by noon. I covered a ton of ground too. I had a pretty good drive home and passed countless fields, there wasn't a bird in any of them and starting about the time I left, we started to get a pretty decent rain going, the type that puts them in the open.

I'm probably done for the season as I don't see me getting out this weekend.

Really disappointed in this years season.

rsmith

Got live action over here, due to little amount of turkeys I have where I hunt I only want to take 2 per year to help boost population. I am out in my new ground blind I got from the best girlfriend ever, her dad, bhedrick on here, and her mom and sister. Anyways, I am out just trying to watch them to listen to how hens call and interact and to just observe them and everything else. Anyways had what sounded like 3 toms and 2 Hens going at it back and forth just behind the BlackBerry bush line and it was cool to finally here a hen call. The toms are gobbling at everything and anything as well. Good luck to all that are out or going out.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We are done. Mason hunted and nearly killed the same big bird several times this season. He is the luckiest turkey ever. This morning was more of the same ... he deserves to live. I dont feel like I get whipped by many turkeys, but this one wins without a doubt! Maybe next spring his luck will run out.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1431787408390.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431787436714.jpg
If you look to the right of the hen in the one pic and behind her in the others you can see the little ones.
She fed in the gas line with them all afternoon.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We are done. Mason hunted and nearly killed the same big bird several times this season. He is the luckiest turkey ever. This morning was more of the same ... he deserves to live. I dont feel like I get whipped by many turkeys, but this one wins without a doubt! Maybe next spring his luck will run out.
Thats too bad Brock,i was rooting for Mason to get him.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I thought they flew out to a cow pasture so I headed back to the field to wrap around the woods where I thought they were and when I walked through the honey suckle to the field they were 40 yards in front of me flying off...lol

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Let the 2016 season begin !! For us adult s anyways . I'm sitting here waiting on Carl to show then walking in. Good luck y'all