Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Turkey Hunting Report

rsmith

Went out this morning just to listen and see what the birds have been up to......very quite morning with one loner gobbling on the limb. I personally think its getting to hot and there henned up pretty good now.

How are the birds acting for everyone else.

Should be heading back to PA at somepoint this weekend but not looking to promising.

Haven't heard a gobble in sometime now, think the hot weather has them in a dase, next week should be nice with a drop in temps to the high 50, low 60's. Still coming in though just not be vocal that much

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I haven't heard a gobble in a while either. I also think the birds are henned up. The hens should be going straight to the nest after fly down pretty soon though. That'll make for some lonely gobblers.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Went with my buddy Don this morning to try and call one in for him.
Heard 4 birds and two old ones hammering back and forth on two different ridges.
They had hens but still must have gobbled 200 times till 10 am.
Was a fun hunt and came close but not today.

rsmith

uploadfromtaptalk1431123253351.jpg a group of 4 long beards just came in, man that was nuts! They strutted up and circled around 2 hens and a Jake for about 10 minutes and than they started walking towards the house and got about 50 yards away from the house!! I was like a kid on Christmas watching this, I didn't shoot any though because I am trying to keep them as relaxed as possible so my girlfriends father can get one, very tempting though having 3 of the longest long beards I have ever seen at 50 yards and not shooting them but it was a heck of a time just watching them. Though I would share, I thought the heat would have them nestled up but I forgot I dug a stream out to a fallen down tree a couple weeks ago and it is now filled with water so they must have came in to drink and show off. Either way super cool experience. uploadfromtaptalk1431123533748.jpg

rsmith

uploadfromtaptalk1431211886189.jpg got my girlfriends dad on one today! Jake with a 6 inch beard! Glad we buckled down and did it did it did it