Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need me some luck tomorrow

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks for the support fellas :D.

I will do my best to bring it home but this is crunch time now. I have a lot of reading and studying to do before Friday afternoon so I might be just checking in off and on when my brain starts to turn to mush for a few days so, if you don't see me on a regular basis that's why :D.

J,

Chips are in the smoker and ready to roll. I'm not changing out the scent now especially knowing it worked the last time :D.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
My brain hurts now.

I have been cramming in State Point Diagrams, Clarifier's, RAS, Chlorine, Grit Tanks, Aerators, and just about anything else I can find lmao.

found a pretty cool video during the search yesterday :D.

[video=vimeo;5596649]http://vimeo.com/5596649[/video]

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Learn as much as you can, but try not to get into any conversations about job specific information unless they ask. I wouldn't try to impress them with knowledge of the job unless you are well versed in it. Let's face it, some of my best employees over the years were not the most qualified. Many times a "qualified" person is set in their ways and won't listen to the way I run my show. Training an employee to your needs is many times the best if you have the time to train them and they stick around. In this situation though, I think you better at least have a decent understanding of what they are going to have you doing. Sounds like you already know this. Enjoy your homework! Good luck!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Learn as much as you can, but try not to get into any conversations about job specific information unless they ask. I wouldn't try to impress them with knowledge of the job unless you are well versed in it. Let's face it, some of my best employees over the years were not the most qualified. Many times a "qualified" person is set in their ways and won't listen to the way I run my show. Training an employee to your needs is many times the best if you have the time to train them and they stick around. In this situation though, I think you better at least have a decent understanding of what they are going to have you doing. Sounds like you already know this. Enjoy your homework! Good luck!

Agreed Phil. I don't want to oversell myself here and get my butt put through the ringer and come out looking the fool. I am just getting my basics down for now and following the flow through the facility and learning some new tech terms along the way. I am also trying to not overload myself here and get the things I have found mixed up and look like a complete idiot as well lmao. It's alot to know and try and retain in a very short amount of time so the basics are all I have time to grasp before Friday afternoon. I did get a book this evening that is helping alot. All the info I need in one convenient location instead of searching the net like I was doing before. Started reading it this evening and will continue tomorrow and see what sticks in my brain lmao.

This process has gone by very quick. It started out with 40-45 people applying and within a week of my application (granted I was probably the last to apply) they had it narrowed down to just 14 people to interview. (I was the last one to be interviewed as well) My interview was last Friday morning and by Monday afternoon I had received a phone call telling me to come back for a second interview this upcoming Friday. I don't know the exact number of people going through the 2nd interview but I figure they have it narrowed down to just a handful of us at most.

This second interview has me floored for sure. I have no clue what is about to come at me and that has me on the edge of my seat to be honest with you. All I can do is go in and be myself and do what I can do and hope and pray that it is enough to bring the job home.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good luck buddy! Be prepared (which by the sounds of it, you already are), and have questions. A good list of questions shows interest, and that you want to understand in more detail. You'll do fine, go get 'em!!

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
My brain hurts now.

I have been cramming in State Point Diagrams, Clarifier's, RAS, Chlorine, Grit Tanks, Aerators, and just about anything else I can find lmao.

found a pretty cool video during the search yesterday :D.

[video=vimeo;5596649]http://vimeo.com/5596649[/video]

Sounds like you really have to know your shit for this job. lol

Good luck.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Was a busy day today lol. Had a DR. appointment at 11 and left straight from there with 4 stitches on the back of my ribcage on my left side and drove down for my 2nd interview as soon as I left the office. Let me just say that an hour long drive down and another hour home sucked lmao.

I think it went pretty well. (Always room for improvement ya know) I was told there was only 4 of us going through this round so that made me happy to know I made it that far. I probably won't know for certain one way or the other until sometime middle of next week. As soon as I hear something I will make sure to post it up.

Thanks again to all of you for the help and encouragement along the way :smiley_clap:.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I finally got the OFFICIAL Thanks but no Thanks letter in the mail this afternoon telling me they had filled the position.

I gave it a hell of a try. Back to square one again I guess.