Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2019-20

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
That BB reached his limit with me tonight, broke in the boys xbow😂
30287.jpeg

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I missed a buck tonight. No clue what happened but I shot like 2 feet over his back. I shot another arrow into the ground right afterwards and dead on. Everything felt good, just missed. Shit happens. Theres bigger out there. I ain't even mad. I'll get back at it again sometime. Now until gun opener is when the real big ones come out anyway. Still no signs of a rut.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
It was the first decent rack I've saw in two weeks and actually caught me off guard. I'm not gonna lie when I watched him walk off I was slightly relieved that I missed. I sat pretty high standard for myself this year and am 100% fine not killing a buck.

This is him. Hes a local. Not a great pic but he actually looks like an older deer.

Reactions: xbowguy

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hunted dark to dark only left stand for 15-20 min while I snuck 150 yards away to 2 scrape cams at 11:30-11:50 to swap cards. Frozen ground thawed enough I was quiet and didn’t bump anything during that lull. I was up and in 30 minutes before shooting light and climbed down around 5:50. Spotted deer movement throughout the day with a 2.5 hour lull midday. Only thing close to rut action was a fork horn that chased a doe and her two youngin out of the field around 3:50. Spotted a decent 2.5 old 9 surveying field just inside the woods at 4:50 but he was 250 yards away to where I couldn’t get good video. Started seeing movement this morning around 8:30 then tapering off before 10:30. Saw two small bucks during morning movement and 6-7 does and young ones off and on as well. Saw 3-4 doe and little ones get up and browse around 12:15 to 1. Lull started shortly after 1:15 and lasted to about 3:30. Movement seemed to pick up better in evening but still no shooters spotted from stand yet. Overall had a great hunt with 16-17 deer observations and 3-4 shot opportunities.
I’ll be at it again tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else hunting and congratulations to those who scored today!

Buckkillr

Athens
I missed a buck tonight. No clue what happened but I shot like 2 feet over his back. I shot another arrow into the ground right afterwards and dead on. Everything felt good, just missed. Shit happens. Theres bigger out there. I ain't even mad. I'll get back at it again sometime. Now until gun opener is when the real big ones come out anyway. Still no signs of a rut.
I did that a few years back, well about 10 years and I think about it every year season comes in. He was a GIANT, baseball bats for horns kinda thing.
Anyhow at 10 yds and broadside I shot 2 ft over his back, my only guess was I used my 80 yd pin(for elk hunt) or at the time I didn't use a hoop so just slide release up to bottom of arrow so maybe I clipped in wrong position. Never know but will never forget!!!!!