Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2019-20

Cogz

Cogz
TX
I'm in. Just hoping on hope at this point as I have nothing going anywhere. This will probably be one of my last sits for awhile. I have no clue what stage of rut were in around here as I've observed very little rut activity whatsoever. I do know that if they are lockdown which is what I'd guess, these tall native grass fields are a favorite for them to hold over a doe. View attachment 90029
That’s where I’d be right now. On the downwind side for both lock down and cruising bucks checking that thing for a doe.

Reactions: LonewolfNopack

Bowkills

Nw oh
Back at it. So far today hunted till 10 45- let the dogs out at cereal stoked fire till noon. Solid 2.5 hr nap. Let dogs out and now hunting. If I can ad a doe tag filled and sex later to the list it would be a dream come true!!!!! Gettem boys!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Hunted wv this morning. A little before 7:00 I see a big deer below me. Glass it and see it’s the big 10. Grab the grunt call and get his attention. And soon as he looks away I hit it again. Do this two more times. Then use can. Then a snort wheeze. Here he comes taking his time. Stops at 25 yards and makes a scrape. Then keeps coming. Stops at 20 yards broadside. I’m at full draw but in the lowlight I’m having a hard time focusing my pin. This has become a problem in lowlight. I finally touch the trigger and the rest of the day sucks. Hit him forward. He runs 100 yards and stops. Then goes over point. I wait 2 hours. Find a little bit of blood where he stopped. Stumbled on a couple drops about 200 yards away. Stumble on another couple drops 100 yards farther. Nothing else. Went a long ways in multiple directions. Spend 2 months trying to get that opportunity and screw it up.

Reactions: Big_Holla

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hunted wv this morning. A little before 7:00 I see a big deer below me. Glass it and see it’s the big 10. Grab the grunt call and get his attention. And soon as he looks away I hit it again. Do this two more times. Then use can. Then a snort wheeze. Here he comes taking his time. Stops at 25 yards and makes a scrape. Then keeps coming. Stops at 20 yards broadside. I’m at full draw but in the lowlight I’m having a hard time focusing my pin. This has become a problem in lowlight. I finally touch the trigger and the rest of the day sucks. Hit him forward. He runs 100 yards and stops. Then goes over point. I wait 2 hours. Find a little bit of blood where he stopped. Stumbled on a couple drops about 200 yards away. Stumble on another couple drops 100 yards farther. Nothing else. Went a long ways in multiple directions. Spend 2 months trying to get that opportunity and screw it up.

Had a buddy have the same thing happen, hit a limb he didn’t see and it veered and hit him back ham. Let it go for 4 hours and started looking. No blood, no arrow. Wide 8 that he’s been waiting too get a shot at.... Stuff happens Mike. All part of the game. Doesn’t make it any easier too stomach though...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20191115_154315.jpg
20191115_152947.jpg

My office view...lol. Sitting in kitchen of old farmhouse. Huge doe frequents here. Hope she doesn'tt notice window is open.....lmfao

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Nope!.... first one did. She took off and took to deer with her I was about to go home and thought there ain't no deer on the couch I better stay....lol

That don’t count! Fugg killed it out of the office. And y’all having trouble killing deer....gheeze? Just kidding, congrats, takem anyway you can get them.

Reactions: xbowguy