Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2019-20

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good sit so far. Definitely heating up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tough pass there.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
First confirmed buck that I've seen in days right in front of me @15 yards from about 4-4:30, completely downwind of me. I just got settled in moments prior.
View attachment 89652
I swear, I must have walked right by him staying downwind without bumping him.

Pretty cool!

Now he's left the immediate area, heading towards the creek to the North.

Hopefully this is a good sign for things to come.

Makes me wonder how many deer are smart enough to sit tight if they sense security in their surroundings.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Set up on the wrong side of the creek.

Watched a real nice 10 keep a spike away from his doe... (I think the doe and spike are siblings, I've seen them together). As he chased the spike off, a big 8 came in from the other side and tried to steal his girl. The 10 wasn't having it. This all took place 70 yards in front of me for over an hour right up till dark. I'd have killed either one of them

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I hunted from dark to dark only out of stand for 45 minutes from 11:15-12 to swap 5 scrape camera cards. Saw deer most of the day but mostly does,younger ones including button bucks and a small 6 pt. Nothing harassing them or cruising through on a mission or looking around. Deer acting more hohum and at ease instead of rutting and roaming.
The scrape cams showed a few younger bucks hitting them in daylight but the older ones still nocturnal. A few scrapes dried up and had no visitors the past couple weeks but several scrapes a couple hundred yards away are still getting hit. I had a 3 hour lull of no deer sightings from noon to 3ish.
I’ll be back at it tomorrow midday till dark as I have stuff to do in morning.