Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hang in there Mike it will happen.
I'm stickin with it,had opportunities at many does and several bucks just not the one i'm after and when i have seen him he is just been out of my comfort range.
I have always enjoyed hunting late season and the colder it is seems the earlier the deer move.
Less hunting pressure also.

Gordo

Athens County
Honestly, I love this weather. I love sitting in it. I love snow. Screw those warm rut days. Seriously...

Something about slipping in for that last 2 hours of light this time of year is a lot of fun! Can pick on a movement for what seems like miles with some snow on the ground. Just gotta stay warm! No matter what I do I seem to freeze my ass off on the hike back to the truck.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Feels balmy out today.
Lots of deer trails loaded with tracks between bedding area and fields.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Went out for an hour and it ended with a ten minute staring contest with a button buck. He decided better safe than sorry after awhile and trotted off. Damn is it cold! I'll be back out day after tomorrow.

DRay4212

Hey guys im new to the group and this is my first year hunting ohio being from southwest va but i was wondering if bucks are still carrying their horns or have dropped them i was planning on coming back to coshocton county area on Jan 6th also are they moving good with the low temps. Thanks and good luck to anybody braving the cold

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hey guys im new to the group and this is my first year hunting ohio being from southwest va but i was wondering if bucks are still carrying their horns or have dropped them i was planning on coming back to coshocton county area on Jan 6th also are they moving good with the low temps. Thanks and good luck to anybody braving the cold

Most are still carrying, but if I’d shoot one this time of year I wouldn’t be surprised if one side didn’t pop off in the mix

Last edited: