Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Sitting in my uncles hunting house tonight

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Out back of the house again tonight. On borrowed time with the wife leaving at 5:15. If the youngest will take a nap, her video monitor works clear up here in the blind, so I'm golden until dark! [emoji23] Otherwise I gotta go be dad. Worth a shot though.

Jason Short

Wayne County
This was my first hunt since the cold snap hit so I went to a spot I hunted one time last year. There's lots of corn around there but the area gets absolutely hammered during the gun seasons. A little doe came in that I thought was a year and a half old so I took the shot. My shot was high and I spined it but the arrow had enough downward angle to clip both lungs. She was dead in 30 seconds. When I got down I realized it was a doe fawn. Oh well, it's been rough since gun season and I'm glad to have been blessed with this deer. While walking out before dark I saw four more does work through the cut corn. Glad to see them still using the area even with the pressure. I think I'm done for the year, no buck this year

Last edited:

Isaacorps

Columbus
Congrats Jason! I’m live from 65 degree California visiting the in laws for the holidays until next week. Can’t say I’m missing that weather! I’ll be back in time for muzzy season [emoji41]

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Congrats Jason!

I was close tonight~~very close! Had a fuggin' diesel truck not "blown coal" at my truck, (parked along the road) it was over. Truck spooked the doe eating and the buck went after her. Like to kick a guy like that right in the dick!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats on the meat Jason, the bucks will be a little bit bigger next season buddy.

Rick, low IQ and diesel fuel are a bad mixture buddy. Sounds like a swift kick too the nads are needed....