Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kaiser's trapping endeavors 2013/14

Kaiser878

ohio
Walked up to a new set I made yesterday and saw this.....
uploadfromtaptalk1388503474444.jpg
It.never gets old.....so I grabbed.the foot and pulled and what came out wasn't what I expected.
Holy.beaver zilla!!!!
uploadfromtaptalk1388503545740.jpg
Mind you, that's a 12x12 330.... that its shoulders wouldnt fit in.....
Got home and weighed it .....
62lbs
uploadfromtaptalk1388503609802.jpg

Only one beaver today.....
But I'm happy happy happy

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
mother of great beavers....zach wth man i think you missed your calling....

Kaiser878

ohio
Zach what's in the water down there???? Miracle Grow??? lol

Just old.beavers that haven't.been.trapped in a while. Its like water world down there
Ha
Hard to figure out exactly where thy are traveling with the ice. But the bubble trails are helping...until this snow that is

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Zach what's in the water down there???? Miracle Grow??? lol

Nah. There is a 50lb beaver in every pond and a 140" buck behind every tree for Zach. mischeif.gif:smiley_crocodile:

Keep up the good work. You pull more beaver than anyone I know. lol

Kaiser878

ohio
Eating some beaver meat?

not out of this one...I was pressed for time... Momma had to work tonight...so by the time it was dry enoguh to skin I had to beat feet to get it skinned and harvest the castors out of it.... I do save some meat out of them to eat though....Beaver is delicious!!!!!rotflmao

Buckmaster

Portage
....Beaver is delicious!!!!!rotflmao

What's it taste like? I know, chicken, right? I've eaten woodchuck before...ok, but greasy (not Dale's, Badger's). I'd speculate beaver would be similiar to woodchuck.

I've tried a few past GF's and my wife on occassion but I'd think the "real thing" should be better.

A few years ago I had a black bear in my freezer. My taste buds fell in love. I'd compare bear to a dark, rich, fatty piece of beef steak. Best wild game I've had.