Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kaiser's trapping endeavors 2013/14

Kaiser878

ohio
Two days ago I remanded all my sets. Yesterday we got about 4 inches of.snow.followed by rain then the temps dropped to 20. U guessed it..... all the freeze proofing in the world won't stop that. The traps didn't freeze. Just the 4 inches of snow on top of them. Wouldn't you know.it.I arrive this morning and 4 out of 6 dirt holes were worked over something fierce....but the frozen shit on top prohibited them from firing......man was I pissed.....

Diablo54

Outside
Two days ago I remanded all my sets. Yesterday we got about 4 inches of.snow.followed by rain then the temps dropped to 20. U guessed it..... all the freeze proofing in the world won't stop that. The traps didn't freeze. Just the 4 inches of snow on top of them. Wouldn't you know.it.I arrive this morning and 4 out of 6 dirt holes were worked over something fierce....but the frozen shit on top prohibited them from firing......man was I pissed.....

Ha! Welcome to trapping buddy.

Kaiser878

ohio
Oh I about had a small meltdown....of course none visited the sets today when everything was in well working order

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice thread Zach! I'll be looking forward to your updates! Good luck with the critters and hope you kill every damn yote in your area!

Kaiser878

ohio
Set a crick today for rats that I trapped.a month ago and.got.11 out.of. some new rat sign. So I polluted it with traps. Some bottom edge sets and some traps in holes. We will see

Kaiser878

ohio
Just one rat today. But it came in one of my conni holders on a bottom edge set. Holder worked flawlessly.
uploadfromtaptalk1387381289663.jpguploadfromtaptalk1387381304247.jpguploadfromtaptalk1387381314896.jpg

Kaiser878

ohio
Well got a coon today and thats it. I pulled almost all my sets with exception of a few coon sets..

I scouted some beaver territory today and have some knockout spots for them. Hopefully the ice stays off till after christmas. I will also be trapping a new creek after christmas also. So hopefully will get more rats..

I believe rt now I have
34 rats
16 coon
2 coyote
1 mink
6 grinners
5 house cats
1 dog
1 red squirrel

Ricer2231

Very nice running total ya got there bud. Keep puttin them up. Quick couple questions for ya. Do you put your own fur up? If so do you use boards or wires? If ya use boards do ya buy them or make them?

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Well got a coon today and thats it. I pulled almost all my sets with exception of a few coon sets..

I scouted some beaver territory today and have some knockout spots for them. Hopefully the ice stays off till after christmas. I will also be trapping a new creek after christmas also. So hopefully will get more rats..

I believe rt now I have
34 rats
16 coon
2 coyote
1 mink
6 grinners
5 house cats
1 dog
1 red squirrel
Well done, my dirt holes have only connected on several coon had sets worked over hard when they were buried in that snow as you did lol gotta love it I also pulled all of mine today other then a few that was under 4 foot of water. The were snares set on the ice at pinch points for fox. I let them set one night too long. I'm starting over fresh tomorrow on some other ditches if they go down and gonna set a few more dirt holes and flat sets in different areas. Been a slow year for me. Keep up the good work.

Kaiser878

ohio
Setting 330 connies in the dark for beavers in about 2.5 hrs. Got everything staked in this morning. All I gotta do is drop traps in the water when I get there and secure them. This should be interesting. Haha