Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's on... Rut stories

hunter11

Akron
Been sittin in the blind since 6:30 had to bucks both small walking the sane trail stoppin at every small tree and licking them but no does anywhere.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'm sitting here at work twiddling my friggin thumbs....we finished inventory with a $1400 variance on $813K worth of material...a pittance...and because there's an auditor here checking we have to wait until he's done dinkin' around before we can leave....slowass kid...KILLING ME, JUST KILLING ME....gotta get to the field....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Had the stud at The Ridge at 20 yds at first light but needed him to take three more steps to get a shot. He wasn't chasing or cruising he was just taking his time walking through the woods.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Hey Guys - Looks like winds will drop to 4mph and super low rain chance on monday night before the wind picks up and rain tuesday...they always move right before a storm...get out there central OHIO ppl!!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Hunted with a buddy tonight overlooking some bean feilds, had a small 8 dogging a doe all evening. I mean tongue hangin out, running right on her butt. Then about a 115 incher strolled through like it was just another day, while 3 does were 100 yds away in sight.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Hunted Sat PM - saw nothing
Hunted all day yesterday - bumped deer that were bedded down on the way to my stand then saw only 1 deer all day at 2:15

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Saw three big boys chasing along 33 yesterday heading to Columbus. Last one was a shooter without doubt. Couldn't tell on the other two.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I hunted SE ohio all last week and the rut action was virtually non-existant. I'm sure the shitty weather had a lot to do with it, but the bucks that we did see were not in any kind of hurry... they didn't look to be moving with any kind of purpose. I saw only one event of chasing, and that was on Wednesday afternoon at about 4:30 p.m. I don't think lock-down has hit yet. IMO, I think Charlie was right about the rut timing as usual... I just think the shitty weather has delayed things a bit.

bricky

watched a decent 8 push a doe in a small woodlot today and wouldn't let her leave I watched through the bino's from about 150 yrds he just wasn't big enough to try a stalk every time she tried to leave he would head her off finally she just gave up and laid down and he stood in front of her for about 45 minutes before he laid down thats all I seen until just before dark then 4 does came through with nothing in tow

saddlepants

central Ohio
big buck down.jpg

A friend of mine just posted this on FB. Another Big boy down in Ohio today. The guys been after this one for 3 years he said.