Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Annual TOO Bow Shoot at Crooked Run Archery Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
My work just took me out of the game. We found out today that starting monday we are working 7 days a week until this job is completed. That includes next weekend.

Chaps my ass. We have been BEGGING for more manpower for MONTHS. I was the first pipefitter on this project, and it was 6 weeks behind when I got there. I worked alone for 2 weeks before I got any help, which was a first year apprentice. Dont get me wrong, I was thankful for some one to help sling 5 inch steel pipe, but when a job is nearly 2 months behind you need some people who know what they are doing, not just warm bodies. And now the bigwigs realize we are supposed to be finished in a couple weeks and we arent even close. Are they going to tool up and come down to help? FUGG NO! They screwed it up, we pay the price.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dante, if they hire more pipe slingers it cost more money and they take a cut in their pay. Thats the way the bigwigs think these days! Less quality of product and half ass done jobs is better than taking money out of their pockets. That's something that I've noticed and have been told by many blue collars around me over the past few years. How sad!

I've settled down abit and realize that it's my fatherly and husband duty to make the trip up to the Toledo area and accompany my family as my oldest plays in this tournney. I'm very and extremely disappointed that I can't make this shoot and meet all of you that will be there! Damn! That sucks ass! Hope to meet y'all soon, I do plan on making the TOO bowhunt in October but hope something like this doesn't come up then either. We'll see.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Dante, if they hire more pipe slingers it cost more money and they take a cut in their pay. Thats the way the bigwigs think these days! Less quality of product and half ass done jobs is better than taking money out of their pockets. That's something that I've noticed and have been told by many blue collars around me over the past few years. How sad!

Well, its costing them plenty now. Not only is our crew required to work, but so is the rest of the division. There are going to be NO days off, for ANY, of the pipefitters in our company. When they have their 40 hours in on their regular job, they are to go to this one for the rest of the week. That overtime is gonna add up quick.

Not to mention the loss of good hands. We have had 4 guys quit since last week because of it.

work gets crazy when it starts to become like factory work and required to be there 7 days a week for weeks or months on end, thats why alot of people quit because the bigwigs work m-f while everyone else bust there ass for less pay puttin in more hours.....sucks ya`ll wont be able to make it

I gotta work for 2 hours in the morning...7 to 9, but I'll be on the road to Coshocton by 9:15. :smiley_blink:
It takes me about 2 1/2 hours to get there, from Lima. I've hunted in the Woodbury Wildlife area, so I'm familar with the area. Plus, my wife and I have been to Roscoe Village a few times. I visited the Coshocton Outfitters' original building, off of 541...but I guess they've relocated since I was there last.

Looking foreward to visting with all the TOO gang and flinging a few arrows too. :smiley_bril:

Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hmmm. . . .2.5hrs? Leaving at 915? I would need a TON of things to fall into place, but . . . . .give me a call late in the week BH57. I will throw my name in as a longshot "maybe".

hickslawns said:
Hmmm. . . .2.5hrs? Leaving at 915? I would need a TON of things to fall into place, but . . . . .give me a call late in the week BH57. I will throw my name in as a longshot "maybe".
Dear Mr. Longshot,
Is 9:15 too early or too late? I can put in for 6 to 8, instead of 7 to 9, if an earlier start would be good. Text or call...keep in touch with the delivery stuff.

As for the 2.5 hrs., it's not the distance as much as it is all of the little "po dunk" towns that the line of travel takes me through. 309 to Marion, 95 to Fredrick Town 13 to Mt. Vernon, 36 to Coshocton...and all of the little burgs between here and there. Nice scenery about the Knox county area.

Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
915 is fine. Just need everything else to fall into place first. My foreman is on vacation this week and we are also trying to get the trailer loaded for a show the following weekend. I am playing double duty this week. Just inked a couple contracts which might have me traveling across the country to bring another truck home as well. Lots to fall into place. Not to mention the bow I am still working on getting dialed in. lmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just fledged up 6 arrows tonight, so know I have to dial the bow in before Saturday! I need to cut some fire wood and put my bathroom back together TOO! Lots to do this week!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What do you want Huck? Shoot me a text or PM or something. I will find you a deal in no time. I rounded up 2 sweeper trucks in my price range with the features I was looking for in a couple days time. Let's just say, sweeper trucks are not for sale just any ol' place. Granted I may have to fly to SD to drive the one back, I found me a deal! I will find you a truck (or whatever) in your price range within 4 hours of you. I have my search engines on speed dial when vehicle shopping.:smiley_crocodile:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
If you want to ride down with me you can. The only thong is I'm not camping, got to be back to pick up Austin and Audrey from their missions trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.