Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Curran's 2013 - 2014 all things outdoors Journal

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Jesse!

I forgot to add in there, that Ainsley (aka Little sister) was ticked off when we got home!!! :tantrum: It was technically "her turn" in the hunting rotation. But she was mad mainly because she thought I was going to take Caleb to Waffle House. rotflmao She gave me an ear full when we got back, but cooled off once she found out that we didn't go out to eat.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Excellent pictures and write up as usual. Felt like I was there with my boy. Way to get out there with Caleb. That is more important than shooting anything in my book.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Still nothing dead this season, but that will change... I hope. rotflmao

Couple pics from the bean field we set up to hunt. Birds had been in the field all week, then yesterday they deserted it. Our thought was that the warmer, sunny weather had them all loafing around yesterday, and that today's forecast would have them back in to feed. Not so much...

Overall I think we were brushed in pretty good, and when the doors on the blind were closed the blinds blended into the field nicely. We just weren't ready for the few opportunities that we had. Rust is getting knocked off.

Timber looks pissed we're not knocking anything down yet...

At least the morning coffee was good, and the view wasn't half bad either... can't do this deer hunting.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
This afternoon was a little more active for a couple of us...

It was my daughter's turn to tag along. I think she had a good time. She said she really likes the ones with the "Rainbow Bills" :smiley_clap:

Timber got to make a couple retrieves, and the last one had a little bonus on it's leg. Congrats JohnR!!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Really nice pics as usual, Sean! It looks like you all had a great time, and a pretty decent afternoon!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Guys. Eventually there should be some pictures of deer & stuff deer related in here, but while the weather is still somewhat bearable there may be more kids pics coming.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Doesn't matter to me what you post. I enjoy your pictures and writing. Pretty cool to read about a sport I know little about. Found myself spending a lot of time on your pictures and captions. Great post Sean!