Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boarhead's Coyote Snaring 2014

Ricer2231

We should start a thread at the end of this winter when things slow down a little and see what the total coyote kills are. Everything from trapping to snaring to hunting them with hounds to calling them to running over them.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good work. Been a lot.of.coyotes caught from guys on this thread.in the last week
Zach within 10 square miles of my area I know that their have been 125 yotes trapped or shot between 5 guys.Some have been at it since season came in.Just shows how many are out there and if we don't get guys doing predator control their will be very few fawns survive.Just glad we are doing our part.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A buddy and his son that i taught how to snare last year had their first catch yesterday and it was 3 yotes.Great day for them.This is one of them. uploadfromtaptalk1390434768539.jpg

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
The eyes of a killer!!!! I'm hoping i get number four one of these days. Last year i got four so i got to at least tie last year i hope.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
We should start a thread at the end of this winter when things slow down a little and see what the total coyote kills are. Everything from trapping to snaring to hunting them with hounds to calling them to running over them.

I agree! Awesome job boarhead!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Zach within 10 square miles of my area I know that their have been 125 yotes trapped or shot between 5 guys.Some have been at it since season came in.Just shows how many are out there and if we don't get guys doing predator control their will be very few fawns survive.Just glad we are doing our part.
I meant 5 sq mile area not 10.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
phpsxVgtEPM.jpgsecuredownload[1] (31).jpgsecuredownload[2] (14).jpg Caught another nice male yote this morning the cold weather has them up and moving as I saw several fresh tracks in the snow and put in a few good sets, the trail behind him in the pics is the one I caught him on and you can see yote tracks in the snow I just moved down the trail and put another set in and set some on a few more trails going through this weed patch and hopefully will get a few more in this location.It sure was nice and cold this morning but I dressed for it so wasn't too bad.While I was out Rick "xbowguy" text me and said he got me some 5/8 scrap rebar on his jobsite and was going to drop it off at our farm so I could have it to put in some kill poles.That is awesome thanks Rick. Well keep you guys updated if I catch some more.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Not A Problem Brian...Just Paying It Forward like Joel started. That's because TOO Rocks!

Just caught up with the Scent Smoker Thread. I need to give credit to Outdoorsfella, Hicks and RSmith as well.....Good Job Fellas!

Last edited:

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
securedownload[1] (32).jpgsecuredownload[2] (16).jpgHad one yote today but he chewed through the tree I was wired to.Ran out of pogo stakes when I set it the other day so wired off and next time will use a stake or pick a bigger tree.Caught one here last year and used the same tree but some are just more aggressive then others.Oh well live and learn and hope the bastard gets hung up on something as he has a whole snare and wire following him around,LOL Was nice and cool this morning on the gator also just have to dress for it.Have one other one wired off to a medium tree so will be putting a stake on that one since I just got my order of them delivered.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
:smiley_clap: I give you credit Brian.....Yote Master Brian that is.....I have a good feeling I know what that gator felt like today.......You got it bad to be riding around in this weather! rotflmao And that's not a bad thing!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
:smiley_clap: I give you credit Brian.....Yote Master Brian that is.....I have a good feeling I know what that gator felt like today.......You got it bad to be riding around in this weather! rotflmao And that's not a bad thing!
It really wasn't that bad out there Rick as I did take time to put a few more sets out.Would like to say thanks again for the rebar, I used some today for some kill poles hopefully they will help prevent anymore chew outs