Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boarhead's Coyote Snaring 2014

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
2 Coons are better'n nothing!
You are right on that one Rick I will take the coons over nothing. No catches today but did get some time to look around and found some good trails with a lot of yote tracks in the mud.Put out 21 snares today so hope to have some soon.Some cold weather and a little snow would be great.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great job Brian! That was a nice heavy racked deadhead you guys found. Any signs of how it died? Hope you kill some yotes over it! Keep up the good work!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
securedownload[2] (5).jpgsecuredownload[1] (14).jpgsecuredownload[1] (12).jpgCaught two big boar coon today, They seem to be running good so might put out some coon sets this weekend, Hopefully this colder weather will get the yotes moving a little more and find their way in my snares.:smiley_clap:

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
securedownload[1] (16).jpgsecuredownload[2] (6).jpgsecuredownload[1] (15).jpg Caught a nice male yote this morning but had one chew through the cable, Tough bastards. Will fix that from happening again and make sure I have something that they can get wrapped around so they get choked out or not be able to chew the cable, Had one do that a couple years ago and caught it two days later and man was it's jaw swollen up from chewing the cable, Don is coming up tomorrow to check my line with me and then we are going to the family farm to get some set there and show him how I set them, I am anxious to get some set on the farm as I have been seeing several tracks and would like to take a few more out. Snowing here today so that will be nice to see where they are running tomorrow.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks guys, Zach it was a nice male and the fur was great but still pissed the other one chewed out but will fix that with some kill poles on my open field sets. Hope to get 20 sets in tomorrow when Don comes up to hang out and see how to set them.