Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 Random shed thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So if the other side measures that and it has a 20 inch spread its a good 8 point... Sorry but im old fashioned and consider it a shooter when my brain says WOW...

And there isn't a single thing wrong with that. Most of us do the same or similar. Just takes a bigger deer for some guys to say "WOW" than other guys.

67 1/8- if the other side is identical you are at 134 2/8. Add 20" of spread and you are at 154 2/8 as an 8pt. Ummm. . . Yeah. I'd be shooting him too. lmao

killbucks22

nw ohio
So if the other side measures that and it has a 20 inch spread its a good 8 point... Sorry but im old fashioned and consider it a shooter when my brain says WOW...

I don't think anyone thinks it's not an impressive buck at least from the responses I'm reading or were you looking for someone to reply "wow"?? I'd be flinging an arrow at it I know that! That fugger would be on my wall if I got it TOO!!!

Fletch

Supporting Member
Myself I dont find many sheds so when I handled it I said wow. I thought it was above average. It was found in the fall by my friend when he was out checking fences. Suprised it wasnt chewed on. Deers faith is unknown. Thought id share pic with you guys..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't think anyone thinks it's not an impressive buck at least from the responses I'm reading or were you looking for someone to reply "wow"?? I'd be flinging an arrow at it I know that! That fugger would be on my wall if I got it TOO!!!

It impresses me!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio

Doing the math it would beak 150" with a 20" inside! Wow!
That's a helluva 8 point! For an 8 to make P&Y is impressive in my book! Lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Walked 5 miles on two properties and found nothing.... Not even any odd ball stuff lol.... Tomorrow is another day.... Although I'll be rabbit hunting since it's the last day....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Doing the math it would beak 150" with a 20" inside! Wow!
That's a helluva 8 point! For an 8 to make P&Y is impressive in my book! Lol

Ron.. Im not sure of the exact spread measurement I just threw 20 inches out there. Without the deer on the ground we are just guessing. But for those that saw him they just said.. WOW..

J.... Good luck with the bunnies....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Fletch- I'd say there are very few people who would hold back on that deer. Most TV "hunters" shoot 120-130" deer and get all exaggerated saying "Look at this monster! This is a mature deer!" When they shoot a 140-150" deer and say "This is my biggest deer to date! I couldn't be happier!" I think to myself: Looks like another day reading TOO threads to me. My point is: That is a dang fine buck. TV "hunters" aren't full of shit. Very few would pass him.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Fletch- I'd say there are very few people who would hold back on that deer. Most TV "hunters" shoot 120-130" deer and get all exaggerated saying "Look at this monster! This is a mature deer!" When they shoot a 140-150" deer and say "This is my biggest deer to date! I couldn't be happier!" I think to myself: Looks like another day reading TOO threads to me. My point is: That is a dang fine buck. TV "hunters" aren't full of shit. Very few would pass him.

Hicks... Don't get me wrong I think as many others have said that is a dandy buck... If he was walking under me I'd shoot him in a heart beat.. Damn great deer... Booners are not behind every tree and I'm not one for getting into the measurement hype.. I pass on a lot of bucks every year... BUT... If at first glance a deer tickles my fancy, odds are hes getting shot. I think over the years we all develop a certain level of WOW... anything above that is HOLLY SHIT... And I agree with you 110% non of the prostaffers on tv shows would pass on that deer..

Fletch

Supporting Member
Buckslayer great sheds your Dad found... Thank's for sharing... Was that deer ever shot that you know of...

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Buckslayer great sheds your Dad found... Thank's for sharing... Was that deer ever shot that you know of...

Not that I know of, have the set from the year before as well. Private ground, middle of thousands of continuous acres of hardwoods. Could very well still be alive today. Let me see if I can find any pics of the others.