Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 Random shed thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I put some good miles on the boots today. Zilch. Bit frustrating but it is what it is. Enjoyed my time in the woods. Got my body good and tired out. Life isn't all bad. Some people were at work while I was out playing. It could always be worse.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
X2. They are there

Buddy just scored this set in the last hour. 20 yards apart. They look a bit chewed. I'll see them sometime very soon

Very nice set your buddy found Gordo! TOO bad the FUGGIN critters found it first though!

Phil, I know how you feel buddy! It gets frustrating but keep at it as the exercise outdoors is refreshing! The disappointment in lack of sheds for me is that it validates the lack of buck numbers near my hunting area. So far I haven't found a shed within 2.5-3 miles of where I hunt yet.

Good luck Clay!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Saw 4 bucks carrying both sides today so havn't looked too hard yet.
Did find #6 and #7 today, the bigger one was 63.25 inches and missing the browtine.
Also saw lots of deer today which is always a plus.
Pretty good day today!
0304172002-1.jpg0304171738a.jpg0304171638a.jpg0304170750b.jpg0304170750a.jpg

Last edited:

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Well my shed hunting went as good as deer hunting this year. I can't believe you guys just walk along and bam, there is a shed laying out like that. I need some tips.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Well my shed hunting went as good as deer hunting this year. I can't believe you guys just walk along and bam, there is a shed laying out like that. I need some tips.

I've walked quite a bit this year and haven't found anything. Some of these guys are luckier than a sucked dick when It comes to sheds lol. They do put miles in tho crazy how many they find every year. I'm usually good for 2or3 that's it.

joejoe8

Was a fun 2 days, didn't find much. We did find a couple new spots on public land that looked good.IMG_0403.jpgIMG_0393.jpgIMG_0387.jpg