Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletch's N.J. Black Bear 2017 Adventures....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm not throwing in the towel... I know theres a giant nearby somewhere... For some reason they are just laying low... I spiced the donuts up this time with 2 bottles of anise, next trip I'll take a few rotisserie chickens in and hang them up in a tree, usually they are gone in a day or two... Grape koolaide will also be in the mix... Just strange that I had a big one back in July and now nothing... Guess that's why we love hunting, as nothing is a slam dunk...

I have a feeling you'll be on them once season rolls around Rich... He's probably watching his weight and counting carbs lmao....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ok getting close to game time (2 weeks till opening day)... Still no BIG BOY'S but gotta have faith... Going to check cams later today and re-bait... Less donuts this time and a 80 lb bag of corn... Just deleted my sd cards from last time so I have fresh cards to replace what I pulled... Looks like this young guy is telling me what he thinks of my donuts... LOL...

WGI_0019.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ignore that pic... This is the young'un that's expressing his feelings about my donuts....

WGI_0012.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ok, great day to lug bait in and go check cam's... Yeh ok, in this heat?? I think I need my head examined... But ya gotta do what you gotta do... Took corn and donuts in this trip... Getting better... Of course Mom and her 2 kids were on both baits... Had one decent bear come in but looks like he has a serious case of mange... Nice size head but he obviously gets a pass... And TOO boot he has no respect for the person giving him treats... He took a dump on my donuts... First I get pissed on then shit on... I get no respect... LOL

IMG_0033.jpgWGI_0044.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
lmao!!!! Funny shit Rich lol

Hopefully we'll see your hero picture with a huge bear in next year's harvest video....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Lol! Too bad that bear is missing fur, he's nice.

Yeh... Hes got a nice big head and probably weighs 500 ish..... Got a feeling he was one of my bigger bears last year which had thin fur... Don't know if his condition would cause him to lose weight... And hes come in twice during the day... Maybe he'll chase the big bitch and her kids away, as they wipe out the donuts with one visit...

And Dustin.... That does answer the question: Does a bear shit in the woods????

Might go throw another camera out about 10 miles from here and see if I get any decent ones there... Got 2 weeks to finalize plans...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Checked my cams on Friday and the usual.... Mom and her cubs and a few 100 lbers plus or minus.... I'm baffled as to why I have no big ones on cam as I had several last year.... So with a week to go before the season, as of now I'll skip the first 3 days of archery and hunt the last three with the muzzle loader... No sense wearing myself out the three first days, I'll just concentrate on the last three days with the gun and see if anything big shows up.... Gonna bait heavy this week to keep Mom and her cubs way back in where I'm at.... She finds another bait pile and she will get shot...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Checked my cams on Friday and the usual.... Mom and her cubs and a few 100 lbers plus or minus.... I'm baffled as to why I have no big ones on cam as I had several last year.... So with a week to go before the season, as of now I'll skip the first 3 days of archery and hunt the last three with the muzzle loader... No sense wearing myself out the three first days, I'll just concentrate on the last three days with the gun and see if anything big shows up.... Gonna bait heavy this week to keep Mom and her cubs way back in where I'm at.... She finds another bait pile and she will get shot...

Get your butt out there opening day Rich!!!! Give it a whirl and see what it nets you....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Thanks for the confidence guys... Mulling things over last night I think I will hunt at least the opener with the bow.... You just never know.... Plus I still gotta check out another spot where I put a cam out last week with some goodies....If I just wanted a bear I'd be done opening day... As they are there every day several times during the day... Hey the Big girl checked out my cam and didn't move it upside down or rip it off... Its about 7 ft off the ground...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Went and checked out another spot today... It looked promising and I found three piles of fresh bear shit, so I threw down some donuts and corn... Running low on cameras so I put up an old Moultrie... Anyone remember these???

20171003_143953.jpg