Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who's ready for turkey season.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
My daughter in the same way shes my little shadow. She has a basketball game last weekend and when I got there she ran over to me and asked if I got any geese. She would much rather be in the woods then playing basketball. Figured I have about 6 more years before she doesn't want anything to do with me unless it's for money. She's 5 going on 16 already.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Bigcountry40

I wish the property I hunted had good turkey hunting, its so hit and miss, buying a tag and the time is almost not worth it, I'm sure in another month Ill change my mind and try it again.

Just 1 More

Just got invited to hunt turkeys at one of my old Georgia hunting leases.. March 24th weekend.. now gotta see if I can sneak away to do it

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I wish I could get to Georgia this year to. My uncle lives there. I went down and deer hunted and bear hunted a couple seasons ago it was fun but had no luck. I think I could kill a turkey there fairly easy tho. He lives in cartersville. Thought about doing a few days in Tennessee then drive on down there for a few days.

Bigcountry40

I wish I could get to Georgia this year to. My uncle lives there. I went down and deer hunted and bear hunted a couple seasons ago it was fun but had no luck. I think I could kill a turkey there fairly easy tho. He lives in cartersville. Thought about doing a few days in Tennessee then drive on down there for a few days.

That area in my opinion is one the prettiest places to live/great place to be if an outdoors man. Some parts of the south are full of turkeys, when I lived outside of Greenville, SC I had permission to deer hunt a small farm, basically tripped over turkeys. When spring came along farmer kicked me out due to local poachers and decided to just shut down all hunting. Where I lived in NC turkerys were very hit and miss much like Ohio.

Just 1 More

What do you lease property for in Georgia?

Do you mean WHY do I lease property in GA?? Or for how much? or??

I lived in Fl 40+ years and in order to have any decent hunting, you had to lease land in GA and make weekend trips. I got in good with a Timber Co and leased a few of their tracts and started hunt clubs. When I moved up here, I kept the lease in my name and the guys got to keep their place to hunt. You're not allowed to just transfer the lease to someone else. It goes back on the lease market and if the guys wanted it, they would have to compete with every other hunter looking to lease land. I didn't want to do that to them.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Do you mean WHY do I lease property in GA?? Or for how much? or??

I lived in Fl 40+ years and in order to have any decent hunting, you had to lease land in GA and make weekend trips. I got in good with a Timber Co and leased a few of their tracts and started hunt clubs. When I moved up here, I kept the lease in my name and the guys got to keep their place to hunt. You're not allowed to just transfer the lease to someone else. It goes back on the lease market and if the guys wanted it, they would have to compete with every other hunter looking to lease land. I didn't want to do that to them.
I was wondering why. I forgot you lived in Florida.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Went out to a property I turkey hunt to pull a card and decided to make a blind. I'm sure I'll need to replace the leaves as the season comes in but the foundation has been formed. Kinda cool that it's right below an old wooden treestand. This blind is also 30 yards from where the big bird took his final breath last spring.