Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Went to the one in Lewis Center. Ours is just now being started but the LC is only a 15 minute drive pending traffic. It will take a bit of me to get used to it. I am used to more of a meathead shop...more free wieghts, and equipment.

Beentown

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Went to the one in Lewis Center. Ours is just now being started but the LC is only a 15 minute drive pending traffic. It will take a bit of me to get used to it. I am used to more of a meathead shop...more free wieghts, and equipment.

Beentown

It seems we have an equal mixture of lady hotties, overweight ladies, meatheads, and wanna be meatheads.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Great workout tonight! I'm holding steady at 220 right now, but I had a rough weekend food wise. Looking ahead at My schedule, I think I can be down to 210-215 by the Expo.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Did 5k on the mil. It took me almost as long to mostly walk and jog the last 1.10 miles as it did to jog the first 2. My time was a pathetic but promising 42 minutes. That's the benchmark, now it's time to start shaving the time off.

Shit! Did I mention I'm exhausted? Beat down! I think I need to reevaluate my caloric and nutritional needs.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Ran 4 miles on the mil tonight in 32:20. Not bad. Was kind of tight the whole time, mentally felt like giling up plenty of times. Glad I finished what I had intended.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Not sure what it would mean in relation to a true 5K, but I did 3.1 miles on the elliptical in 29:32 tonight. Down 17 pounds since New Years at 217. I'm 2 pounds from my April 9 target of 215, so I'm changing that to 210. I'm feeling a lot better ad I'm starting to look thinner. It's sure been a boost to a slumping lifestyle.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Not sure what it would mean in relation to a true 5K, but I did 3.1 miles on the elliptical in 29:32 tonight. Down 17 pounds since New Years at 217. I'm 2 pounds from my April 9 target of 215, so I'm changing that to 210. I'm feeling a lot better ad I'm starting to look thinner. It's sure been a boost to a slumping lifestyle.

Nice work! Got my run in tonight. Hoping the weather starts to improve soon. I want to get back outside.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yep I prefer to run the trails around here. I hate treadmills! Got my wife into the gym with me tonight. She is going to be sore in the morning.

Did 2.5 miles on the eliptical on 14. That kicked my ass. Did chest/arms but didn't push it weight wise since I was REALLY tight. Acid build up maybe??? Played full court B-ball last night for 2 hours again. Blisters the size of golf balls...Gotta remember the correct shoes next time. My Pumas aren't made for B-ball.

Beentown

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Got up at 6 this morning because I couldn't sleeo. I thought the work outs would help me sleep, but it's been somewhat the opposite...

They have the same affect on me, I actually had to work out in the mornings on days that I couldn't get a workout in before 6PM. Anything after 6 and I would toss and turn all night.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
They have the same affect on me, I actually had to work out in the mornings on days that I couldn't get a workout in before 6PM. Anything after 6 and I would toss and turn all night.

That is a very common occurrence. Don't work out TOO late!

RRJJ

Removed by Request.

It is different because of impact. Running is a higher impact sport than cross country skiing (elliptical) making it easier to do longer distances on the elliptical.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It is different because of impact. Running is a higher impact sport than cross country skiing (elliptical) making it easier to do longer distances on the elliptical.

I understand that, hence the "not sure what it would mean in relation" comment. The impact is the biggest reason I could not run 3.1 miles on pavement, my knees and ankles would give out long before then! I'm sure I could tough it out, but I know it would be no where near 29 minutes. I use the eliptical for that very reasons, it saves the knees and ankles. Plus, all the hot chicks use them TOO, so the scenery is always great!!! :D

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I understand that, hence the "not sure what it would mean in relation" comment. The impact is the biggest reason I could not run 3.1 miles on pavement, my knees and ankles would give out long before then! I'm sure I could tough it out, but I know it would be no where near 29 minutes. I use the eliptical for that very reasons, it saves the knees and ankles. Plus, all the hot chicks use them TOO, so the scenery is always great!!! :D

I do the treadmill and then go to the recumbent bikes which are behind the elliptical. Talk about scenery!

Does your gym have an "adaptive motion" machine? Check that out sometime.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I do the treadmill and then go to the recumbent bikes which are behind the elliptical. Talk about scenery!

Does your gym have an "adaptive motion" machine? Check that out sometime.

We have two of those. I did try it out, but I have zero rhythm, so it was ugly!!! LOL!

I've been doing the treadmill mostly, but I like to change to the eliptical from time to time. I usually start with a fast paced walk on the steepest incline for 10 minutes (which is usually .5-.55 miles), then run .5 mile, then finish with another .5 mile at 2/3rds the elevation and a slightly faster pace. I always do a couple minutes cool down before moving on. My workout is really starting to take shape and with a few more tweaks, I think I'll have a solid platform for getting back into great shape. I can already tell visually that I've lost weight and I can see some muscle growth. My body has always taken well to the gym, so I'm hoping I can rekindle that old flame!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Killed my workout today. Down 19.5 pounds now at 215.5. I played 2 hours of basketball last night and really noticed my improvement in cardio and leg strength. This morning, I wasn't even sore and that's a shocker! Feels good to get control of my life again.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
SO FREAKIN SORE! My chest is tight. Stretching only works for about 5 minutes.

Beentown

Lay flat on a bench, preferably on a foam roll, and let your arms hang down like a deep fly, thumbs down...for ten minutes.
Kind of like below, but she's not getting a full stretch by laying on a floor.
[video=youtube;aMql56iWcuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMql56iWcuE&feature=related[/video]