Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Chronicles - 2014 Edition

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Our morning started out slow with not a bird to be heard, one morning their roosted in this area and today they wasn't there. We went to another farm and struck a bird right off the bat at 7:20, messed with him for about an hour till he shutdown. We went across the road and found a strutter in a field so we snuck around and got with-in 75yrds and set up. He gobbled a couple times so I shut up and 10 minutes later I see a jake at 30yrds and watched him roll over backwards and flop. My mom don't discriminate with turkeys, if it has a beard and is close enough she shoots it. At 67 she can still get it done.
IMG_0456_zpscef1f122.jpg
f6dc6d21-1686-4c85-94e4-e5172a7bee24_zpsaa76348f.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That's awesome, Aaron! It's cool to see mom sporting the original Trebark and Realtree duds too! :) Congratulations to you both.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Fantastic Aaron!

Get after that bird Brock

I'm trying to convince Mason's mom that we need to get after 'em tomorrow. If that doesn't pan out, he is skipping school Monday. I'm having the carpeting cleaned at the shop on Monday so we are not opening for lunch....we are going to hunt or fish, maybe both, if the weather is decent!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Could never imagine my mom out hunting. Makes me love reading of Aaron's mom/son hunts all the more. Big congrats to you and your mom!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Haha, that's funny stuff Seth, and congrats to your mom Aaron!

I killed my second bird Wednesday this week, and I believe it is safe to say I am now hooked!