Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This Old Boat.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
3D13EAEB-F24E-486E-97EF-6D8E79A5E25E.jpeg
A1DE9AC1-C1DB-4B38-BE06-3496F75D3E68.jpeg
D51C86F7-2141-49AD-9730-24F9CAB91AF0.jpeg
0775CC0B-3A70-4AFF-AA6E-638F03666492.jpeg

Get your motor yet? I have been looking around for a small Jon boat but haven't found what I want yet for the right price. Looking for something for a couple of the local lakes where my boat would be a bit big to get in on the available ramp. Plus something that I can beat around with and won't worry about scratching it up.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Get your motor yet? I have been looking around for a small Jon boat but haven't found what I want yet for the right price. Looking for something for a couple of the local lakes where my boat would be a bit big to get in on the available ramp. Plus something that I can beat around with and won't worry about scratching it up.

Ordered and then canceled it as I wanted to go with the bigger kit but the stainless shaft for it is on backorder. I'll have it ready for the crappie run late next month. You should be able to find a good 1436 for a decent price. It just depends on the trailer, motor, seats, etc.

Reactions: cspot
Ordered and then canceled it as I wanted to go with the bigger kit but the stainless shaft for it is on backorder. I'll have it ready for the crappie run late next month. You should be able to find a good 1436 for a decent price. It just depends on the trailer, motor, seats, etc.
Yes I think I will find something. I am actually looking for a 10 or 12' boat just because a couple lakes that I want to use them on barely have any room for parking and it would be easier with a smaller trailer. I have the 19' V bottom for fishing anything of any size. One issue I am running into is PA requires title for trailers. Ohio does not. Seems like about everyone I am interested in is in Ohio and doesn't have a title for the trailer.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Yes I think I will find something. I am actually looking for a 10 or 12' boat just because a couple lakes that I want to use them on barely have any room for parking and it would be easier with a smaller trailer. I have the 19' V bottom for fishing anything of any size. One issue I am running into is PA requires title for trailers. Ohio does not. Seems like about everyone I am interested in is in Ohio and doesn't have a title for the trailer.
Don’t know the laws in PA but in NJ if you don’t have a title for a trailer, you can tell them it’s home made and you spent $100 in parts. They’ll tax you on the $100 and issue a title.