Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO dump thread

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
A74E4C0E-7251-45FC-BDCC-FB40F4348C8A.jpeg
Success!! This little tool worked great

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
This is the best one place to post this.

My mother came home from the hospital yesterday to our house with hospice care.

In the middle of February she fell and broke her arm right where the ball is for the shoulder. She was not a candidate for surgery so she spend 52 days in rehab, all that can be done is to hope for scar tissue to offer some support to the joint.

She came home the Friday before the eclipse, over my objections. They thought she had a UTI and would give her prescription when the cultures came back, they did and it worked for a few days but she started going back down hill. Monday a week later I called the ambulance to take her to hospital. She was dehydrated and her UTI was back and her kidney function was bad.

Friday they told us they can't get her numbers back down so she is now in renal failure, she has had stage 4 kidney disease for years, she is not a candidate for dialysis or a kidney transplant, so here we are.

It is terminal, nothing they can do, they tell us 4-6 weeks. The hospice nurse was here for 2 hours yesterday, it was lots of info to take in. She said this is one of the most peaceful ways to die, she will sleep more and more until she goes into a coma and passes. She is doing great right now, lucid, feels good no pain, which makes this so weird. She is secure in her faith in Christ and in good spirits. So we will all take care of her, my middle son and DIL work remote so they are coming to be here to help and be with her.

It is hard but we do get to spend time with her and say our good byes. It does hit you when you walk into her room after she hears the news and says "I am going to die"

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Thoughts and prayers Clay. Hospice nurses are some of the best most compassionate and knowledgeable nurses there are and they can help direct you to all the resources you and your family will need on the journey. Embrace every moment but try to hang onto the past for the best memories.

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
This is the best one place to post this.

My mother came home from the hospital yesterday to our house with hospice care.

In the middle of February she fell and broke her arm right where the ball is for the shoulder. She was not a candidate for surgery so she spend 52 days in rehab, all that can be done is to hope for scar tissue to offer some support to the joint.

She came home the Friday before the eclipse, over my objections. They thought she had a UTI and would give her prescription when the cultures came back, they did and it worked for a few days but she started going back down hill. Monday a week later I called the ambulance to take her to hospital. She was dehydrated and her UTI was back and her kidney function was bad.

Friday they told us they can't get her numbers back down so she is now in renal failure, she has had stage 4 kidney disease for years, she is not a candidate for dialysis or a kidney transplant, so here we are.

It is terminal, nothing they can do, they tell us 4-6 weeks. The hospice nurse was here for 2 hours yesterday, it was lots of info to take in. She said this is one of the most peaceful ways to die, she will sleep more and more until she goes into a coma and passes. She is doing great right now, lucid, feels good no pain, which makes this so weird. She is secure in her faith in Christ and in good spirits. So we will all take care of her, my middle son and DIL work remote so they are coming to be here to help and be with her.

It is hard but we do get to spend time with her and say our good byes. It does hit you when you walk into her room after she hears the news and says "I am going to die"
Very sorry to hear man :(

Reactions: Clay Showalter