Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The House Flip.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Finished grouting the shower surround and started in on the rest of the bathroom. There were three layers of subfloor and glue down tile. The top layer was glued and screwed to the middle layer but luckily the middle layer was only nailed to the original subfloor. I used a skill saw with the blade depth set to cut just the top two layers. Once i got down to the original i found two places of water damage, the typical spots around the toilet flange and side of the tub. Ripped those out and that's as far as i got. I had to pull subdloor because the floor was level with the hall and adding ceramic tile would raise the finished floor height a good half inch at the hall to bathroom transition.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Got most of the floor done today. Gonna have to finish it up tomorrow after what's laid dries. Probably get the bead board wainscotting done tomorrow also.

IMG_20190223_204546.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ceramic like?

Yeah, almost indistinguishable differences but porcelain is harder than ceramic. More resistant to cracking if things get dropped so it makes a better floor option for kitchens and bathrooms.

Reactions: Mike

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Agreed on the color. That lamp will be a nice match too if you go with dark trim.

Thanks, the lamps in there because i pulled the fixture to clean and in prep for wall paint. The halogen shop light was too damn hot.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Had an oh shit moment tonight. Cut off the main shutoff to shorten a stub up for the toilet supply and install a new fitting. When I turned it back on the water meter blew a gasket. I shut it back off and called the county engineer emergency number. At first they were hesitant to send someone out to replace the meter at 8:30 at night because the leak had been stopped. I told them that's fine but I'm going to be stealing water tonight because I'll remove the meter myself and just put in a section of straight pipe until tomorrow. They didn't want me to do that i guess because they called back and sent a guy out.

IMG_20190226_195509993.jpg