Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 8 - Aces N Eights

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What's everyone's hunting prospects this weekend? I will be out with my daughter on Saturday morning and evening. Might go Sunday morning but not sure. Hope you are able to get out and good luck if you do!

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
I have some other stuff going on so I won't be out again until Monday. So far things have been REALLY slow for me. I figured I'd have at least a doe or two down by now but I'm still trying to get on the board. The only things I've had in shooting range are 1 1/2 year old bucks and yearling does.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Well I am gonna take a break from packing and house stuff and head out in the morning and get a hunt in.. Then when the G/F gets off of work we are gonna head south and hunt the evening as well.. This buying a house and packing is pretty stressful so we both are taking a break from it and gonna hunt.. I will let you know what happens..

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Well we hit it again tonight.. It's rifle season in KY and I saw nothing in range. However I did hear the start of a fight but thanks to the jet with the Pratt and Whitney engines all I heard was the initial crash then jet engines.. I looked over and saw 3 deer running away.. The whole thing went down on another property so couldn't have shot anyway. My g/f did have an 8pt walk into the field she was hunting but it was slightly over the hill and only shot she had was neck or head and she didn't want to take it.. All in all decent night..

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
I'll take a neck shot with a rifle everytime. Most times I try to get that shot. They don't run and you don't lose any shoulder meat. Good to hear you got back out there. Things have been crazy slow for me this year. Bucks are moving more and pushing does around so hopefully it will heat up soon. I was going to shoot a doe the other night but couldn't bring myself to do it. She had the tiniest fawn with her that I have ever seen at this time of year. There will still be plenty of opportunities for does.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Made it out this morning and froze my ass off. Gonna have to adjust back to the cold, after hunting in 80* for the last ten days. Saw a handful of doe's doing there thing. Back at it in about an hour.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congratulations on a stud of a buck you put down this morning John! Should keep us in the running near the top! Good luck to our other teammates! Things should be getting better out there as far as the big boys moving around more!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Thanks guys, he wasn't my target going into the season, but couldn't let him pass. His age body size and mass sold me. Lol
Gonna have to dig, II know I have a trail can pic someplace.

Keep at it, and remember " just 5 more minutes"

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Got the youth bonus tonight

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384479933.707949.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Our team is getting some more points thanks to one of our teammates this evening! I'll let him share his story though! Good luck to our other members still hunting! Be safe out there and good luck!