Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Suppressor

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Anyone ever bought one? If so how long was your wait?

Feb 18 i bought a Black Aces Tactical Po Boy AK supressor at a local outdoor show. It took a month to get it to a local dealer and another month to get the F4 filed through silencer shop along with a trust i bought through the dealer. The ATF didnt cash my check and take reciept until May 30th.

Fast forward 9 months and some change. I have called the ATF several times and was always told it is pending. Yesterday I got an agent who was a little more forth coming. She said that it hasnt even been asigned to an examiner yet... man... talk about a kick in the crotch... The average processing time has been around 9 months...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
190 for the suppressor
200 tax stamp
130 for the trust
60 for using the silencer shop kiosk

All that and they can’t process fuggin paperwork in a timely fashion.... SMDH.... I can buy a gun in less than a half hour if their precious system is up and running. Why should a suppressor be any different?

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
You can build a supressor legally. You have to submit a form 1 and the design. The turn around is about a MONTH.

All you need is a solvent kit. You can get one pretty cheap. Most come in thread paterns that match your threaded barrel.

Once your form 1 is approved all ypu need to do is drill it out, inssll, and plink away.

Im doing that next time.

Bigcountry40

I hope they never become the norm in deer hunting, I like the roaring of the barrels opening day and hearing that 1 guy off in the distance that shoots when its way way to early and your like "how in the hell can he even see a deer?"

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Saturday morning I picked up my new toy and promptly tested it out. It isn't super quiet, but I expected that for two reasons; super sonic rounds and the fact that there is a lot of noise that comes from the gas tube. However, it definitely made it hearing safe!

I'm gonna eventually order some sub sonic ammo (holy cow its expensive too) to play with. Overall I'm pretty darn happy.