Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shed Thread 2013

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
How I find sheds. I have officially lost my mind. If an unknown bypasser was to see some of the stuff I do while shed hunting, I would probably have the sheriff called on me by now. It just isn't mentally right. All for a shed, from a deer that I cant even hunt! I love it.

View attachment 13164

Rotflmao. They'd be laughing at me TOO Seth! Did you have to wrestle that one to the ground? Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You are not alone man. I know I have probably looked like I was being attacked by vines and thorns more than once this year.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Rotflmao. They'd be laughing at me TOO Seth! Did you have to wrestle that one to the ground? Lol

Actually I was overtaken by the vines and finally submitted to them. It was thicker then it looks in the pic. Usually I just plow through them and they will break, but these ones were not giving. So it was one of those "well while I'm down here" moments, and figured I would just crawl through them and see what I find.

We found a matched pair over the weekend down there, likely last year's sheds.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I found a old piece of shed last week (didn't post) and a 4 pt shed yesterday that I unfortunately didn't get to keep. I was riding around with a farmer at work and spotted it right before he was about to run it over with the Kabota. He threw it in the bed and mumbled something about dang tire flatteners. If I wasn't at work I def. would have asked to keep it, because I dont think he had much interest. Oh well. That takes me up to 11, and with just buying a new house and trying to fix it up I do not see myself getting out much more before green up. Maybe one or two more times. We shall see.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Even if you don't make it out again, 11 sheds found is a good season man. Congrats!

I am going to be doing as much as I can the next few weeks. Tomorrow will be tough. Possibly a little on Friday. Wifey is out of town this weekend so it will be tough to get out any. I would take the kids, but one of them is without privileges at the moment. Can't hardly take him out to enjoy time in the woods if he is on lockdown. Not fair to the other kids, but that is life. Guess we will see how the work schedule pans out next week.