Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scrape pic thread

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Great pics and vids guys!
Mason hung a camera on a series of scrapes a couple days ago. The landowner ran into three guys from Michigan at a gas station yesterday that were hunting paint creek. All three of them were back around those scrapes last night. If our camera is still hanging there, I bet we have some pics of the beginning wave of non resident hunters. Lol
The non resident guys were nice enough to clear the cards for us on two cameras. Only vids we have now are of their flashlights as they left.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
This guy reaching way up there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201019-121741_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20201019-121741_Snapchat.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 13358.jpeg
    13358.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 227
  • Screenshot_20201019-121741_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20201019-121741_Snapchat.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 225

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I will never understand why someone on public land has to fuck w another hunters shit. Why erase the card cause it took my pic on public land. I legally have a right to be there and so does your cam. Get you pic took and move along. Must be a Yankee thing, cause down here they won’t erase your card, they take the cam. [emoji35]

Fletch

Supporting Member
Non-Residents...:mad::mad: F... Them theives... Had to be someone from Jersey....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So... Remember my camera being played with.... We'll I have 2 other cameras in that woods around the back of a ridge... Was out yesterday checking cams and decided to go check those on my way by... There's a dirt road that leads in to an old trail I walk up... I park on main road and walk back to trail which is around a bend... When I round the bend I see a truck parked there... Hmmmm is this the guy that messed with my camera??? It's 3 pm so odds are he's hunting.... So....... Instead of messing up his hunt by walking in, I did an about face and walked back to my truck, I'll check cam on Sunday... I wonder if he would have done the same????

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
They aren’t jackholes because they are nonresident, they are jackholes for messing with my stuff. There will be people from all over the country hunting this farm and adjoining public land in the coming weeks. They will be welcomed with open arms. I’ll be nice to them. The landowner will be hospitable. Everyone that has hunted that farm for the last thirty years will be fine with them being there... and then, as soon as they hunt a few days for free they will try to lease the farm. Happens every year, probably a half dozen times. The welcome they received will be returned with “hey, nice farm. Can I give you some cash so no one else can hunt here?” To top that off, they will hunt our stands and blinds when no one is looking... not because they are nonresident, because they are almost all jackholes.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Pretty cool to see a scrape 10 yards from my stand for first time on thus property. For years, I’ve had no luck. I was using JVS but just never worked for me. I bought something else from local archery shop Mastin brand. Looked like it worked for me... scrape got made. Now I’m excited as fugg seeing for first time on this property. It was not there yesterday. Either done all night or this morning.
A6155DC1-47D2-465D-8BF4-8DFFFB1DAB0F.jpeg
6C270139-A5C0-4C18-BA53-8591F19DCA0D.jpeg
697E9238-5CC8-4F1D-9D06-2F06B96E6DBB.jpeg
A51CD8FB-4B3A-4930-9687-9A54D454B684.jpeg

Last edited:

Fletch

Supporting Member
Earlier I said I went to check a cam and truck was parked there, so I did not go in.... Checked that cam today and was pleased to count about 10 fresh scrapes in general area, plus couple fresh rubs.... Had 5 different bucks on camera including a decent one for the mountains of North West Jersey... Rain predicted for tomorrow, so I think it may be wise to sit in there Tue. and Wed.
PXL_20201025_193358044.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good call Rich. Stands a good chance they will want to freshen them up after the rain. It is like you've been doing this a while or something. :p

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Good call Rich. Stands a good chance they will want to freshen them up after the rain. It is like you've been doing this a while or something. :p
Phil it wasn't like they were huge scrapes of any size with broken licking branches, instead they were a little bigger than a basket ball.... 4 of them were located directly on a run and the others were here and there... Tells me there is a buck in the neighborhood that's getting horny.... Raining here today so may sneak in around 12 and hang a stand... Between this buck and the other one where I was bear hunting things could get interesting.... Oh speaking of bear... I made a fake scrape where I was bear hunting and went to check it yesterday... Walking up to cam I see it at bottom of tree... Sure enough, that big bear I was after messed with camera... Had 3 pics of him, one in the distance,then one of his mouth against cam, then camera while hanging near bottom of tree took one of him walking away... Good to know his still in the hood... He's legal again in Dec...

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
PLBs are being hit regularly still and fresh scrapes right underneath both this morning. Two more music songs added to my playlist, which tallies up a little over nine minutes altogether.

Video description:

Video starts off with someone unfamiliar running their Beagles in the area, right at one of my setups. This is an update of the two PLBs that I have setup at two different locations over the past five days. The first half is PLB #1 and the second half is PLB #2. One decent buck hitting PLB #2 during daylight.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
PLBs are being hit regularly still and fresh scrapes right underneath both this morning. Two more music songs added to my playlist, which tallies up a little over nine minutes altogether.

Video description:

Video starts off with someone unfamiliar running their Beagles in the area, right at one of my setups. This is an update of the two PLBs that I have setup at two different locations over the past five days. The first half is PLB #1 and the second half is PLB #2. One decent buck hitting PLB #2 during daylight.

Okay, take II. YouTube blocked the first version.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Checked all my cameras today... Not one freaking deer on a single cam.... That's 7 cams and no deer.... Guess time to work on the honey do list..